Simple ways to cut down on calorie intake
- Consuming excess calories makes one prone to gaining weight.
- Balancing the calories consumed and calories burned is vital to manage weight.
- Take a look at some simple ways of cutting calories to stay healthy.
Consuming excess calories makes one prone to gaining weight. Therefore, balancing the calories consumed and calories burned is vital to manage weight. To put in a nutshell, if you’re keen to lose weight, you must cut down on calorie intake.
Simple ways to cut down calories
- Consuming Fewer Calories: One of the best strategies to cut down on calories is by not consuming extra calories. Unfortunately, the risk of developing an eating disorder is linked with this strategy. Therefore, it is advised that you consult a health expert before cutting down on calories.
- Small Servings: Instead of 2-3 large meal servings a day, have 4-5 small servings. Doing so will not only reduce hunger pangs but also cut down on calories.
- Binge on Healthy Foods: Avoid snacks high on calories when you are hungry. In fact, fruits can be a healthy alternative to snacks that are high on calories. Eat to reap healthy benefits, such as better digestion and instant energy. Likewise, prefer water when craving for cold drinks.
- Carry Healthy Foods: Do not take unhealthy foods to work. When you step out of your house, make sure that you carry nutritious foods. Apple, peanut butter sandwich and fruit juice are excellent options to carry along when looking forward to cutting calories.
- Abstain from Alcohol: Alcohol is high on calories. Apart from accumulating fat, it disrupts several functions of the body.
- Engage in Physical Activities at Home: Household chores, such as dusting, cleaning, playing with kids and laundry will help you burn calories.
- Lifestyle Modification: Make some changes in your routine, such as engage in physical exercise and eat healthy to burn calories.
- Figure out your Average consumption and calorie Requirement: To cut down the calorie intake, you must figure out your average caloric consumption.
- Don’t Set Improbable Targets: There is no urgency as in deadlines to burn calories and lose weight. You can cut down on your current average calorie consumption without having to give your favourite delicacies up. All you need to do is adopt a flexible approach to limit caloric intake.
- Seek Expert Advice: A health expert should be consulted if you find it difficult to structure a diet. Discuss your diet pattern along with other medical conditions that you may be suffering from to come up with an appropriate diet plan. How many calories one consumes and expends depends on physical attributes, such as age, height, weight, gender and amount activity. Therefore, it is advised that you take the help of a health expert before adhering to a specific approach to cut down calories.
Image source: Shutterstock
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Jul 04, 2017
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.