Early diabetes symptoms in women
- Diabetes is a one of the most common medical conditions today.
- Symptoms of diabetes in women include vaginal yeast infection.
- The endocrine disorder can cause urinary tract infections.
- Most women with gestational diabetes do not have any overt sign.
Diabetes is a one of the most common medical conditions today. It is an endocrine disorder that occurs when the body is no longer able to produce or respond to insulin. In the condition, a surplus of glucose in the bloodstream is created. Women with diabetes experience a unique set of symptoms besides the common symptoms that men experience as well.
The symptoms of diabetes in women include vaginal yeast infection, urinary tract infections. Some of the common symptoms of diabetes are as follows.
- Dry mouth and increased thirst
- Increased frequency of urination during the night
- Increased hunger or appetite
- Blurred vision
- Dry, itchy skin.
- Patches of darkened skin.
- Weight loss
- Slow-healing sores or frequent infections.
- Feeling unusually tired or weak
- Tingling or numbness in the hands or feet
The sign of diabetes in women may also include the following.
- Urinary tract infections
- Skin infections
- Vaginal infection (fungal infection)
- Sexual dysfunction (such as pain or discomfort during sexual intercourse, inability to achieve orgasm)
- Psychological symptoms (such as irritability, experience extreme lethargy, agitation)
Most women with gestational diabetes do not have any overt sign or symptom. Blood sugar testing is usually done in pregnant women to diagnose gestational diabetes.
There is no definite treatment for diabetes in women. However, the condition can be controlled by maintaining a healthy diet, exercising, and using medicines that your health care provider approves. What should be a part of your diabetes management program depends on your health and the type of diabetes you have.
Read more articles on Diabetes Symptoms.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Oct 12, 2011
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.