Jagran New Media in collaboration with UN Women, Twitter India and Sayfty will launch 'Sayfty Survivor's Tool Kit'.
In collaboration with Sayfty, Twitter and UN Women India Jagran New Media is, propelling "The Sayfty Survivor's Tool Kit", for the survivors of sexual violence in India. The two-hour-long event will be held on 9th December at India International Centre, from six to eight pm. The participants will include law enforcement officials, survivors of sexual violence, civil society organizations and youth groups and representatives from the Women and Child Development Ministry.
View this post on Instagram
Agree???✔️✔️✔️ Follow me(@_yes.im.a.girl_ ) Art Credits:DM FOR CREDITS . . . . . . #yesimagirl #womenempowerment #women #womensupportingwomen #woman #womenempoweringwomen #girlspower #respect #respectwomen #periodstories #periodssuck #periods #periodsbelike #comicbooks #comicart #comics #comic #dailycomics #rapevictim #saynotorape
When we talk about sexual abuse, recently there were so many scenarios, treatments and reasonings, in our country, which were wrong. And adding to it, the harrowing questions harm the victim's recovery process. Let's have a look at the condition of survivors with some recommendations.
Mental Health of Survivors
We are launching the Sayfty Survivors’s toolkit w/ support from @unwomenindia, @TwitterIndia, @JagranNews & @manupatrainfo— Sayfty.com (@SayftyCom) December 6, 2019
9th December 2019 in New Delhi
Speakers include: Dr. Jupaka Madhavi, Dr. Bharti Sharma, @nipun_saxena & @MasalaBai #Sayfty4survivors #16days pic.twitter.com/oB74pOospQ
Survivors undergo immense mental trauma and are made to undergo tremendous hardships. They have had to struggle to fulfil their basic needs such as hunger, contact with family and decent living conditions. They were physically and sexually assaulted and the provisions made to look after the mental health of the survivors are woefully inadequate.
T-5 to @SayftyCom Survivors’ Toolkit Launch event in New Delhi— Dr. Shruti Kapoor (@kapoors_s) December 4, 2019
Details & RSVP link ���� https://t.co/tBq9gSTJvW https://t.co/c1JV9HTnq3#sayfty4survivors #16days@unwomenindia @JagranNews @TwitterIndia @NCWIndia @UNDP_India @CanadainIndia @AamAadmiParty @fayedsouza @htTweets pic.twitter.com/HoWLUZ1g4o
With the #HyderabadMurder #UnnaoHorror & daily news of sexual violence, do we really understand what challenges & barriers survivors face?— Dr. Shruti Kapoor (@kapoors_s) December 6, 2019
Join this stellar panel����& share your insights on Monday!#sayfty4survivors #16days https://t.co/WIx8CbteGw pic.twitter.com/yWXcx8xRAA
- Many of the survivors were put in shelter homes post their rescue.
- Shelter homes, which are meant for their rehabilitation and relief, are far from equipped to do that.
- They are not good enough to provide for basic needs.
- There have been more scandals in shelter homes, including suicides by women forcibly held in shelter homes, sexual exploitation of children and women, violence and torture on shelter home inmates.
- There is every indication that shelters run with no transparency and accountability.
- The shelter homes do not have adequate counselling to help the survivors deal with the trauma and emotionally recuperate.
The Sayfty Survivors' Toolkit for India is finally launching!!— Sayfty.com (@SayftyCom) December 6, 2019
A big Thank You to
Launch partners: .@unwomenindia @TwitterIndia @JagranNews @JagranNewMedia @manupatrainfo
Content partners: .@NyaayaIN @KahaMind @CEHAT1 @TheRedElephnt #sayfty4survivors #16Days #orangetheworld pic.twitter.com/sx7eCg8dAp
- Survivors want the bill to give greater emphasis on the agency and consent of the adult survivors.
- No survivor should be forced to stay in a shelter home against his or her wishes.
- Minimum standards of care for the shelter homes and must have a robust mechanism for continuous monitoring and evaluation by the government.
- Provisions to ensure the re-integration of survivors in the community by ensuring opportunities for social, personal and economic development is important.
- The rehabilitation of a survivor won’t happen in isolated spaces but in an open society.
Read more on Latest Health News
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.