From 96 Kg to 46 Kg: Sara Ali Khan’s Struggle with PCOD is inspiring
Sara Ali Khan's walk to fame amounts to her weight loss journey more than her acting skills. Here is a break down of what she did to achieve that amazing body.
- Sara Ali Khan struggled with PCOD before coming on camera
- Pilates helped her achieve her dream body
- Learn what else she did to shed all the extra pounds
The new star on the block, Sara Ali Khan, is only a film old but she is a star in the making. From her PCOS struggle to her weight loss to her dressing sense has left no stone unturned on the social media front. She has become the new reigning queen of all the social media platforms. Her walk to fame amounts to her weight loss journey more than her acting skills - about which she openly talked on the show, Koffee with Karan where she was seen with her father Saif Ali Khan.
She was away from the limelight for a very long time as she was busy studying abroad. But as soon as she came in front of the camera, she did not shy away from speaking her truth and tell the world about her weight loss journey. She gained appreciation for her transformation because why not, her transformation is one which is drastic and inspiring as it was also a battle against PCOD. With utmost confidence, she geared up and began on the weight loss journey to be healthy enough to kick-start her career in the industry.
As claimed by Sara herself, Bollywood is the biggest inspiration behind her weight loss journey. She wanted to be fit and feel empowered, both physically and mentally. Following are some of her fitness routines that she followed.
Boot Camp Training
She also went for a boot camp training which is full-body strength and conditioning workout. It increases your metabolism, thereby burning a hundred of calories. It is a combination of quick jumping jacks, windmills, high knees, butt kicks, squats, lunges, push-ups and spider steps.
She indulges in sports as well with her brother and her father on a regular basis. Playing sports is a good body sculpting exercise wherein an individual is required to stress their own body weight to make muscles. If you are not someone who would go to a tennis court and play, then you can opt for cycling, swimming or running.
Once she started her journey, she was determined to shed all the extra kilos so she took training under the best trainers. She began with none other than Namrata Purohit – Kareena Kapoor Khan’s trainer. She did regular pilates which helped her tone up the body and improve her overall posture.
Some other tips to help you lose weight
- Include high fiber foods in your diet to prevent metabolic diseases such as obesity. Some of the best sources of soluble fiber include oat bran, lentils, nuts, fruits, etc.
- Consuming too much alcohol can also contribute to you gaining weight as it temporarily inhibits the oxidation of fat in the body. Moderate consumption of alcohol does not interfere with your lifestyle but excessive drinking can.
- Eating a high-protein diet can also help with the growth and development of the body and it builds the immunity against infections and ailments.
- Keep your stress levels in check. High cortisol levels are responsible for an increased appetite, higher blood sugar levels, mood swings and diabetes.
Read more articles on Weight Management.
For more related articles, download OnlymyHealth app.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Dec 21, 2018
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.