Overnight oats with chia seeds for weight loss: Breakfast is the most important meal of your day. If you eat healthy things at breakfast, then your body has energy throughout the day (and you begin your day with goodness of health). Oats are considered the best diet for breakfast as they are light and digestible. Oats have insoluble fibre, so it keeps the stomach full for a long time. But if you want to make your morning breakfast more healthy, then add some chia seeds to the oats and eat, as they are also considered good for health. Combination of chia seeds with oats increases the powers of antioxidants and minerals present in them. This healthy combo will also reduce your risk of increasing weight, cholesterol, blood pressure and diabetes. Let us tell you how beneficial food is for you by mixing oats with chia seeds and how you can make it.
Why are chia seeds considered beneficial?
Chia seeds contain reasonable amounts of omega six and omega-three fatty acids and calcium. Apart from this, chia seeds are also a good source of fibre and protein. Apart from calcium, it also contains the right amount of manganese, magnesium and phosphorus, which is beneficial for blood pressure and diabetes patients.
Why are oats beneficial?
Oats are also a nutritious food like Chia Seeds, which has become quite popular in the last decade. Oats contain reasonable amounts of manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc, folate, vitamin B1 (thiamine) and vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) etc. Half a cup of oats contains thirteen grams of protein, 51 grams of healthy carbs, 5 grams of fat and 8 grams of fibre. By eating this, you get 303 calories. Therefore, you are full of energy throughout the day and do not feel hungry soon.
Benefits of eating oats and chia seeds
- Eating oats and chia seeds at breakfast reduce excess body fat and balances weight.
- Oats and chia seeds decrease the amount of bad cholesterol in the body and increase the amount of good cholesterol.
- The antioxidants present in both of these protect you from heart diseases and help keep the body healthy.
- Taking Chia seeds mixed with oats helps to control blood pressure and blood sugar.
Oats and Chia Seeds - Healthy Recipe
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup oats
- Four teaspoon chia seeds
- Two teaspoons honey
- Two teaspoons vanilla powder
- One teaspoon cinnamon powder
- One pinch of rock salt
How to make it?
- First, heat the water in a pan and add vanilla powder and cinnamon powder to it and let it boil.
- After boiling, reduce the flame and then add oats to it.
- Allow the oats to cook on low heat for 5 minutes and then turn off the gas and cover so that the oats are cooked well.
- After 5 minutes, add one pinch of rock salt and two teaspoons of honey and mix well.
- Take out this mixture in a bowl and mix it by sprinkling chia seeds on top.
- Your healthy breakfast is ready in 10 minutes.
Read More in Weight Management