Taking care of a newborn is not easy. If you feed the baby with bottles, make sure to clean them after every use. Know bottle sterilizing methods.
If you bottle feed your baby, you must know the risks associated with it. There is no harm in using feeding bottles but the problem lies in the germs that get trapped in the bottle if they aren’t sterilized properly. Thus, it is the parents’ responsibility to take care of all the minute things. Newborns are susceptible to germs, bacteria, viruses and other microorganisms and therefore vulnerable to catching infections and falling ill. Hence, new parents should know the right ways to clean or sterilize baby feeding bottles. We have mentioned two methods in this article.
For your baby’s health, you must consider these small things like choosing the right baby bottle to clean it after every use to feeding healthy and organic baby food. Cleaning the bottle at least once a day is necessary to secure the health of the tot. If you are a first-time parent or going to become parents soon, keep reading to know the right ways to clean baby bottles.
How to sterilize baby feeding bottles?
First of all, it is important that you choose a good quality bottle for your newborn. After this, the next important step is to disinfect or properly sterilize the bottle before using it the next day. Though breastfeeding would remain the best feeding method, here we are telling you the right ways to clean the baby bottle properly.
Cleaning with boiled water
- First of all, open the baby bottle and separate all the parts. Now put them together in a large pan.
- Now fill the pan with water so that all the parts of the bottle are well immersed in water.
- After this, turn on the gas to allow the water to boil. Keep the bottle in this boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Take out the bottle parts after the water is cooled down.
- Now wash them with other cold water and let the bottle parts air dry.
- Make sure that all the parts are completely dried before you use the bottle for feeding the baby.
Clean the bottle with bleach
You can also clean the baby's milk bottle with bleach.
- For this, add 2 teaspoons of bleach to 10-12 cups of water.
- Now open the bottle, separate all the parts and put them in the bleach water.
- Let it remain in this water for 5 minutes. You can also use a bottle cleaner for more precise cleaning.
- Do not clean the bottle with normal water after this or else it may catch germs again.
- Allow the bottle to air dry before using it.
To keep the bottle germ-free and bacteria-free, clean the bottle immediately after feeding the baby. Apart from this, you can also wash the bottle and its other parts with hot and soapy water. You use a brush to clean it and then leave them to air dry. You can choose the method but ensure that you clean them regularly. With this step, you can minimize the health risks on your newborn so that he can enjoy a healthy and happy life with the family.
Read More Articles in Newborn Care
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.