Post-Workout Drink For Hydration: How many exercises you do to keep yourself fit?
Are you one of those who consider daily exercise or workout to be an important part of your life? If yes, then you must also know what you should eat or drink before and after the workout sessions (as this greatly impacts your workout). All of you must be aware of how important is hydration for your body. In every situation, you need to stay hydrated even for workouts or exercise because when your body is not having enough water and excessive sweating, it can cause dehydration.
Not only this, you may have one or more health problems due to dehydration, including kidney problems. Therefore, the intake of fluids after a workout session is considered essential to keep the body hydrated and ergonomic. Let us tell you that after your workout, a drink made of 2 things, can be very beneficial for you.
Watermelon and Basil Drink
Most people try to keep themselves healthy by drinking lots of water to keep themselves hydrated. But if you want some tasty and healthy drinks, (which keep you hydrated and energetic even after workouts), then the best option is this special drink made of watermelon and basil.
How to Make Watermelon and Basil Drink?
- 2 cups chopped watermelon
- 1/2 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 15-20 basil leaves
- 4 cups of water
- Salt for flavour
Method of preparation
- Take a jar first. Now add watermelon, basil leaves, and grated lemon rind to it.
- Now pour it in the jar with water and add salt as per taste and keep it in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours.
- Your drink is ready.
Tip: Along with this, if you want, you can drink it by making a smoothie (with all these ingredients).
Benefits of watermelon and basil drink
- This drink made of watermelon and basil is a very effective and good option for hydration.
- A watermelon rich in vitamins and minerals helps to balance your electrolyte.
- Packed with potassium, magnesium, and Salt, watermelon is made up of ninety per cent of water, which helps your body maintain a fluid balance.
- While basil leaves are good for digestion, they help to promote healthy bowel along with helping to detoxify the body.
Read more articles on Healthy Diet
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.