With aging, the body starts becoming weak and it is common to feel pain and discomfort in your body. The reason behind this is: as a person grows old, the muscles and bones also begin to weaken and break down. Sometimes your sedentary lifestyle is also responsible for the pain and injuries in the legs and bones. So if you are suffering from foot pain, then physiotherapy can be the most common and effective option to get relief from it (also beneficial for people of all ages).
How is physiotherapy helpful?
Physiotherapy takes time to get results and you have to do (physiotherapy) the exercises regularly to see the effects. A study conducted on women suffering from osteoporosis, (a bone disease), found that patients on regular medication as well as physiotherapy saw better results in just 10 weeks than others. Let us tell you 5 such exercises, which will help in reducing muscle pain and discomfort of your feet. All you have to do is to do this exercise at least 3-4 times a week. Repeat every exercise 15 times.
- For this, you first lie down on your back.
- Now bend one of your knees and keep the soles close to the ground.
- Now exhale slowly raising your other legs and body. And come to the bridge pose.
- Keep in mind that the weight of the whole body should be on the other leg.
- After stopping for a few seconds, you come back to the previous stage and then repeat with the other leg. Do this exercise about 10 times.
It is a warm-up exercise, it helps tone the muscles of the hips and also relieves pain in the feet.
- By doing this exercise, your feet will get relief to a great extent.
- For this, you lie on your back.
- Now bend your knees, place a mini ball between them.
- After that, you lift your buttocks above the ground and press the ball between your legs. Unless your shoulders, hips, and knees are in a straight line.
- Stay in this position for a while and then slowly come back to the previous position.
- Doing this exercise at least 10 times daily will give relief in foot pain.
- To do this exercise, you lie down on the ground with your back.
- Now bend both your legs, bring them above your belly or chest and place your hands in between them.
- The alternate place for your hands is behind the thighs. Slowly bring your knees towards your chest, hold for ten seconds, then return to the starting position.
- Stay in this position for 15 to 30 seconds while supporting the feet with your hands and then slowly lower your feet.
You must repeat this exercise at least 5 to 10 times.
- To do this exercise you have to stand upright on one leg.
- After this, you rotate your hips backward as you do to sit down.
- After stopping for some 10 to 20 seconds, you come back to the squat position of one leg with the knee bent.
- Now slowly return to the previous position.
KNEE EXTENSION EXERCISE
- To do this exercise, sit on a bench or couch. In this, your feet are not flat on the floor.
- With the help of towels, wrap your feet and pull them towards you.
- Hold for 5 seconds before returning to rest position. Doing this exercise will ease your leg pain.
Read More on Exercise and Fitness
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.