Do you want healthy lungs and want to get rid of all the respiratory problem? Here are a few herbs you need to know about.
Alternative treatment for healthy lungs: Whether you are living in a tier-2 or metropolitan city, the air you breathe is not pure. According to a study by the WHO, (World Health Organization), 92% of the world’s population is breathing polluted air. It has been proven through the research that the harmful tiny toxic elements found in the air can diffuse deep into the respiratory and cardiovascular system damaging them and leading to more than 6 million deaths every year. While many antibiotics can give your immediate relief, but according to experts, for long-term comfort and complete care of lungs, you need to include natural herbs in your life that are loaded with benefits.
Here are a few herbs which you need to know about:
- Mullein: Another herb that you need to add to your lifestyle is Mullein is excellent and useful for your lungs. It helps clear phlegm and is useful when used for inflammation, as well as containing antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties. It is also helpful in treating cough, cold, lung issues, breathing issues, and more. According to experts, the dried leaves when smoked and inhaled help improve the breathing system and can also be used as a tea, extract, or decoction to have healthier lungs.
- Eucalyptus: Originally native to Australia, eucalyptus is loaded with health benefits. Eucalyptus oil contains an ingredient called cineole, and as per a study, cineole has antimicrobial effects on some bacteria that cause respiratory illnesses. It destroys harmful bacteria that can aggravate COPD symptoms. It also soothes the throat and chest and speeds up healing. You can use dried leaves to make tea or turn them into an extract, which can be used for inhaling and can be used in homemade preparations such as salves, balms, and personalized aroma blends.
- Mulethi: Liquorice or Mulethi root can work as an imperative herbal demulcent that protects the respiratory system and soothes the irritated throat. Liquorice is a good herbal supplement that acts to secrete healthy mucus and releases the phlegm and clears our nasal passage. Have a twig of liquorice or drink a mixture of liquorice to avail instant relief from a sore throat, cough, and other respiratory issues.
- Thyme: Mr Kamayani Naresh, Founder Zyropathy(Zyro Healthcare Pvt Ltd) states that "it helps fight respiratory infections and is a natural expectorant that serves as an antiseptic and helps expulse mucus. It’s also good for soothing coughs and is useful in fighting against nasal congestion. There are many ways to use thyme for boosting lung health. One of the simplest ways to gain its benefits is to add it to your food. However, it can also be made into a tea, extract, or decoction. You can also use dried thyme, mix it with honey, and consume it twice a day."
- Pippali: Pippali is a proven natural remedy that works wonderfully well in treating common respiratory problems. It acts as a counter-irritant and reduces inflammation, clears the mucus and nasal congestion. Boil some pippali in ½ glass of milk and drink this to get relief from a common cold, cough, bronchitis, and asthma.
- Oregano: What we relish as pizza and pasta topping is an aromatic condiment that is also good for the lungs. As per food science, oregano is a potent antiseptic with antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties. Adding it as an essential oil to your lifestyle gives an aromatic flavour that is worth a try.
- Peppermint: When it comes to peppermint, it can be trusted for many therapeutic properties, including antioxidant, antibacterial, and antifungal benefits. It contains menthol and is known for its cooling properties. It is also useful in asthma, bronchitis, cold, and cough.
- Ginger: Ginger is another useful and natural remedy that can protect your respiratory system. It is also valuable for nausea and cough. It also helps decrease chronic pain and might even help reduce cholesterol-lowering properties.
- Echinacea: "Echinacea and their compounds too many healths benefits, such as reduced inflammation, improved immunity and lower blood sugar levels", says Mr Kamayani Naresh.
Read More Articles in Home Remedies
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.