Watermelon is known as the ultimate summer fruit. This tropical fruit is delicious and a great source of vitamin and minerals. In per 100 gm serving, watermelon supplies 30 calories and nutrients. Let’s make something scrumptious from juicy watermelon and enjoy the summers.
- 1 Watermelon, cubed
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- Tomatoes, cubed
- Fresh lime juice, 2 1/2 tablespoons
- Chopped fresh mint, 2 tablespoons
- Extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon
- Kosher salt, 1 teaspoon
- Freshly ground black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon
- 36 (3-inch) wooden skewers
How to make watermelon skewers
- Toss watermelons, tomatoes and feta cheese in all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover the bowl for half an hour.
- Now, string1 tomato piece, 1 feta cube and 1 watermelon cube. Prepare all your skewers like this and place them on a plate.
- Moisten the skewers with remaining seasoning.
- Serve fresh.
- Watermelon flesh, 4 cups cubed (about 1 pound, skinned)
- Lime juice, 1 tablespoon
- Honey, 1 tablespoon
How to make watermelon popsicles
- Take the watermelon and blend it with the freshly squeezed lime juice in a mixture. You can add honey if you want.
- Now, shift the mixture into a bowl through a strainer.
- While you strain the mixture, press the melon with the back of a spoon to collect maximum amount of juice into the bowl.
- Pour them into a mould and put them in the freezer.
- When they are partially frozen, insert Popsicle sticks.
- Now, let them freeze.
- Serve cold.