Simple method to make aloe vera soap at home
- Aloe vera is gentle for skin.
- Aloe vera soap is super easy to make.
- It offers effective moisturizing and cleansing.
- Use your natural aloe vera soap instead of harsh chemical based soaps.
If aloe vera has been a part of your beauty regime, you would know how wonderful it is for your skin. No wonder why so many people rely on it when it comes to skin care ranging from treating a bad sunburn or getting rid of pimples or acne to curing skin ulcers and eczema. Since it is loaded with beauty benefits, it has been primarily used as a common ingredient in skin creams and lotions from decades.
We bet you might already have some of these products and aloe vera gel in your beauty kit but have you ever tried aloe vera soap instead of using those expensive branded soaps that are available in the market. Using aloe vera soaps for bathing can provide you rejuvenating and healing effects that you would hardly get from any other soap. But guess what you can easily make your own aloe vera soap and that’s an icing on the cake you would not want to miss. Here we will guide you through the steps and you can make your own aloe vera soap at home.
Preparing your own aloe vera soap at home
- Ingredients you will need to prepare 1 kg of aloe vera soap
- Approx.110g aloe vera pulp
- 110ml caustic soda(available in supermarket or any big grocery store)
- 750ml olive oil
- 250ml water
- Essential oil (optional)
Step by step guide to prepare aloe vera soap
- Boil water and pour it into a plastic container.
- Add caustic soda to this container and stir the mixture. Leave the solution for an hour to cool down.
- Preferably, try making it in an open space or in a place which is well ventilated.
- Wear gloves while making your soap.
- As mixture cools down, in the meantime you can slit the aloe vera leaf and take out fresh pulp using a knife and a spoon.
- Grind the aloe vera pulp in a blender to form gel.
- Temper the olive oil in the microwave.
- Now add olive oil to the mixture and keep stirring until the solution becomes thick.
- Now it’s time that you add the aloe vera to the mixture and stir.
- You can add little essential oil such as lavender, rose, etc. to the solution for fragrance.
- Once your solution is ready, pour it into a mould which is broad and shallow. Leave it for a day.
- Next day, when it’s turned into a solid mass you can cut the aloe vera soap into pieces.
- Let these pieces sit for 15-30 days allowing them to harden before using them for bathing.
Image Source: Getty
Read more articles on Home remedies
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Apr 20, 2016
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.