Independence day is around the corner and we are already feeling tricoloured! As the day approaches, we feel more and more proud of our country, countrymen and freedom fighters who made it possible. This day is meant to be celebrated with a lot of cheer but considering the lingering threat of coronavirus, it is better to stay indoors and celebrate at home. Why not you try some easy and lip-smacking tricolour desserts this time? Take a look at these delicacies that Chef Sanjeev Kapoor has curated for independence day celebrations. You must try these at home and enjoy with your family and friends.
Green Peas and Pista Burfi
- 1 cup shelled green peas, blanched
- ½ cup pistachios, blanched, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp pure ghee + for greasing
- 2 cups grated khoya/mawa
- 4-5 tbsps Sugar Free Green Powder
- ¾ tsp green cardamom powder
- Put green peas in a mixer jar, add a little water and grind.
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan, add ground peas and sauté, stirring continuously till all the moisture evaporates.
- Add mawa and mix well and continue to sauté till well blended. Add Sugar Free Green Powder and mix and sauté.
- Grease an aluminium tray with ghee.
- Add green cardamom powder and mix and sauté. Add half the pistachios and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the tray and spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining pistachios over and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Keep the tray in the refrigerator to set. Cut into small squares and serve.
- 200 grams shredded cabbage
- 4 cups low fat milk
- 2-3 green cardamoms
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp charoli
- ¼ tsp nutmeg powder
- 2-3 tbsps Sugar Free Green Powder
- Blanched and slivered pistachios for garnish
- Heat milk in a wide deep pan. Break the green cardamom pods and add into the milk along with bay leaf. Cook till the milk reduces to half while stirring in between.
- Meanwhile, heat sufficient water in a deep pan. Add the cabbage and blanch for 3-4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Once the milk has reduced, add the cabbage, charoli and nutmeg powder and mix well. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add Sugar Free Green Powder and mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve garnished with pistachio slivers.
- 1¼ cups frozen green peas
- 8-10 pishori pistachios, blanched, peeled and slivered + for sprinkling
- 1 tbsp ghee
- ¾ cup reduced low fat milk
- 2 tbsps Sugar Free Green Powder
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 3½ tbsps broken basmati rice, soaked and drained
- 2 cups reduced low fat milk
- 1 tbsp Sugar Free Green Powder
- ¼ tsp green cardamom powder
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 10-12 dried apricots, soaked and chopped
- 1 tbsp ghee
- ½ cup reduced low fat milk
- A large pinch of saffron, soaked in 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp Sugar Free Green Powder
- Silver varq for garnish
- 6-8 pishori pistachios, blanched, peeled and slivered for garnish
- For the green layer, heat ghee in a non-stick pan, add green peas and sauté for 5-6 minutes. Transfer into a blender jar and blend to a coarse paste.
- Add the prepared paste in the same pan and place the pan back on heat. Add reduced milk and mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add Sugar Free Green Powder, mix and cook till it dissolves. Add green cardamom powder, pistachios and cook for 1 minute. Take the pan off the heat.
- Add a portion of the prepared mixture into individual serving glasses to create a layer, sprinkle pistachios on top and refrigerate till set.
- For the white layer, bring the reduced milk to a boil in a non-stick pan. Add rice and mix well, cook till the rice is cooked completely.
- Add Sugar Free Green Powder and mix and cook till it dissolves. Add green cardamom powder and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes and take the pan off the heat.
- Transfer the prepared mixture into the same glasses and create another layer. Refrigerate till set.
- For the orange layer, heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Add carrots and sauté till they soften. Add reduced milk and mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add saffron and mix well. Cook for 1 minute. Add Sugar Free Green Powder, mix well and cook till it dissolves. Cook for a minute and take the pan off the heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly. Add a layer of the prepared mixture in the same glasses to create an even layer. Slightly press to even the top.
- Garnish with silver varq and slivered pistachios. Refrigerate till set. Serve chilled.
Try these delectable recipes this Independence day to celebrate the nation with joy and sweetness. Do share these with your family and friends.
Read More Articles in Healthy Diet
All Images Courtesy- Chef Sanjeev Kapoor
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.