How to Lose Weight without Dieting
How to lose weight without dieting - Losing weight need not involve heavy exercises or having to starve yourself in a diet. You can follow some simple tips given here and shed those kilos soon.
If you want to lose weight without feeling deprived of food, there is some advice that you need to follow. In any case, going on a diet is known to be ineffective as people tend to regain their lost weight over a period of time. It is much better to know how to eat instead of not eating at all. You need to inculcate new eating habits and avoid deprivation or any sort of extremes.
- Learn to chew more – Your brain receives signals from your stomach that it is full. The longer you spend time chewing your food, the more these signals register in your brain. Moreover, you are able to digest much more by chewing as your saliva has enzymes that help in digestion.
- Never forget your breakfast – Your breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If you skip it, the pangs of hunger will keep nagging you for the rest of the day. This will make you make food choices that are not the best with regards to health. Missing breakfast brings down your rate of metabolism. Moreover, you should have a good breakfast and eat your fill with healthy foods such as low-fat dairy and whole wheat cereal.
- Substitute healthy foods for unhealthy ones – Substitute your pastas and other white flour foods with vegetables. Especially when you are inclined to have many food items in your plate, it is advisable to include at least two green vegetables. Your fetish for eating a variety of foods would also be gratified along without any health concerns.
- Insist on food cooked at home – This is a good way of keeping yourself healthy as by taking food from home, you can ensure that only healthy stuff is always available for you at work. Do not depend on the cafeteria food. You should cook at home and if this is too difficult in the rush of morning, prepare for it at night.
- Smaller more frequent meals – If you keep eating small amount of foods at every 2 to 4 hour interval, it has an effect on your metabolism. It works at an increased level all through the day. This helps you lose weight. The problem in this trick is that you can be inclined to overeat. So, watch out!
- Early dinner – Have your dinner before 8 o clock. It not only prevents you from having heavy before dinner evening snack or after dinner snack, but also ensures that whatever you eat gets absorbed in the body. Having herbal tea or simply brushing your teeth after dinner can help to get rid of your idea of eating.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Nov 16, 2011
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.