A strong immune system is very necessary to avoid several diseases. Your immune system helps you fight bacterial infections and many other diseases. Nourishing foods with certain vitamins can help you boost immunity more effectively. Vitamins are the best way to increase immunity as vitamins are loaded with other health benefits as well. Here is the list of vitamins that you must include in your diet to increase immunity. These vitamins will help you prevent cold, flu and many other diseases.
Vitamin C is the most powerful vitamin which can be used to increase immunity. Vitamin C helps you build up a strong immune system. Vitamin C increases the production of white blood cells which fight against diseases. Proper intake of vitamin C on a regular basis is very necessary to lead a healthy life. You would not require vitamin C supplements as there are so many foods that are rich in vitamin C. some foods items rich in vitamin C are lemon, orange, grapefruit, strawberries, broccoli, spinach and tomatoes. You can consume these food items on daily basis very easily.
Both vitamin B6 and B12 are good for your immune system. Vitamin B6 has properties which support biochemical reactions in the immune system. It is an essential dietary immunity booster. Foods rich in vitamin B6 are fatty fishes, whole grains and green leafy vegetables. Vitamin B12 is another dietary immunity booster. Vitamin B12 is only present in animal products. If you are a vegetarian you can take vitamin B12 supplements. Some food sources of vitamin B12 are eggs, meat, and shellfish. Vitamin B12 is also present in milk and milk products But in small quantity only. For vegetarians Supplements are the best way to consume vitamin B12.
Also read: Boost your immunity with ayurveda
Consumption of vitamin E is another way to increase immunity. It is a rich in antioxidants which can help you fight infections. It builds a strong immune system which can help you fight various bacterias and viruses. Vitamin E also helps in the formation of red blood cells. Some food sources of vitamin E are nuts like almonds, peanuts, and hazelnut. Other sources include green leafy vegetables, fortified cereals and vegetable oils like soybean oil, sunflower oil, and wheat germ oil.
Also read: 7 Ways to Increase your Immunity Naturally
Other ways to boost immunity
- Consume apple cider vinegar. It will also provide other health benefits like a balance of blood sugar levels, blood pressure level and will also promote digestion and weight loss.
- Drink ample amount of water which will help in getting rid of toxic substance from the body.
- You can also consume garlic on a regular basis to fight infections.
- Olive oil has anti-inflammatory properties that can help boost your immune system.
- You can also consume fresh ginger. Many studies have found that ginger has a germ-fighting agent that may help fight off infections.
- Maintain a proper sleeping pattern. You must sleep for 6-8 hours a day to promote the proper functioning of your immune system.
- Try to stay stress-free. Stress can affect your digestive system. It can also lead to health problems such as obesity, cancer and heart problems. Try stress-relieving methods like meditation and exercise.
Read more articles on Healthy Diet.
For more related articles, download OnlymyHealth app.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.