Moisturizer overuse: Do you want to keep your skin soft and supple? Then learn to avoid the overuse of moisturizer.
Are you overusing moisturizer? The skin becomes dry and lifeless in winter season! And therefore most of the people apply moisturizer to keep their skin soft and supple. Moisturizer eliminates all the problems related to your skin, but do you know that it can be harmful to you if you overuse it? Facial moisturizers are concentrated, and overusing it can sometimes cause hazardous results. A moisturizer should fully absorb, and it should not take a long time to seep into your skin. Over-moisturising worsens your skin. It can cause a weak skin barrier function and a risk of clogging pores. You could also get both body acne and dry skin. So you should be aware of this, if you apply it more than necessary, it will make your skin sticky and dull. Also, it can make your face look tired.
Signs that you are over-moisturizing your face
- Some signs and symptoms that you may be using too much moisturizer are blackheads, clogged pores, excess oil, breakouts, the buildup of dead skin cells and bumpy skin.
- Excess use of moisturizer makes your face sensitive and after applying it, if you apply any makeup product on your face, it will not stick on your skin but will ruin it. Its excessive use can also cause many problems for your faces, such as pimples and blemishes.
- Over-moisturizing reduces the natural beauty of your face and does not allow your makeup to soak in properly. Meanwhile, sometimes, it is just a matter of wrong product (that you may be using for your skin type).
Side-effects of over-moisturizing
People use moisturizers to make their skin glow, but over-moisturizing vanishes the glow of your face, and your skin sticky. Excess use of moisturizer clogs pores and causes pimples on your face. The moisturizer formula is very thick, and its excess use increases the moisture in your face causing spots and blemishes on your face. If you use it in the right amount, it will keep your skin supple and soft as the skin becomes dull in winter.
What is the correct way to apply moisturizer?
- Squeeze a pea-sized amount (or little more than that) into palm and warm it up in your hands.
- Apply the moisturizer to cheeks using circular motions (gentle/with soft hands). Now apply to the rest of the face, including the forehead.
- Especially on the neck, you should give gentle and light upward strokes.
Moisturizing skincare routine
- You should apply moisturizer on light wet skin after bathing/washing face in the morning; (it will protect you from its overdose).
- After this, you should apply moisturizer once before sleeping at night, as it will give moisture to your skin and make it soft.
- If your skin is dehydrated, then you should apply it well according to your skin. And if you have oily, then you should use it carefully.
- With this, you must get the dead skin removed once a week so that the pores of your skin are opened and soaks up moisturizer properly. If you do this then definitely your skin will be saved from all the troubles.
Read More Articles in Skin Care
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.