Improve your physical and mental being with power yoga
- Power yoga, like the traditional yoga, helps reduce stress and relax your body
- Power yoga maintains and stabilises blood sugar levels
- With power yoga body becomes more flexible
It's the latest fitness mantra mainly for those who want fitness, flexibility, strength, stamina, better health and stress free life. Power yoga deviates completely from the traditional form of yoga. It is a fusion of yoga with functional and flexibility training, both of which train your body to perform better.
Power yoga involves bit of Surya Namaskar. Basically, power yoga involves the moves of the traditional yogic Surya Namaskar (or Sun salutation) mixed with flexibility training and strength training. The Surya Namaskar consists of 12 exercises with specific breathing patterns done in a continuous graceful sequence. What do these exercises do? They counteract the effects of the previous exercise. They also expand and contract the muscles of the ribcage and waist. What about advantages to practitioner? Practicing Surya Namaskar daily will make the spine flexible and trim inches off the waist.
There are different modules in power yoga. Typically, you would do asana followed by strength training. This makes your body strength, work for you and makes the whole workout more dynamic. After practicing asana, we practice some relaxation technique then start Pranayama and fi nally end with meditation.
Principles of power yoga
All human beings undergo certain emotional waves like anxiety, stress, depression, ill health and anger. Power yoga can well transform these emotional traits into peacefulness thus enabling an individual to enjoy good and vibrant health and a feeling of love towards all living as well as non-living creation. The techniques of yoga need to be followed consciously in order to achieve good health, stay fit and reach the desired goals.
The advantages of power yoga
It increases lean muscle tissue, which means improved calorie burning, reduction in your body's fat percentage and increased BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate). This makes for a stronger you, leaving you with strength for your everyday life. It works your stomach and back muscles constantly, increasing your core strength. This increases the heartbeat harmoniously.
- Power yoga, like the traditional yoga, helps reduce stress and relax your body.
- It also helps improve concentration, which is particularly good for students.
- It helps in reversing the aging process.
- Power yoga provides excellent balance and strength.
- It strengthens the leg muscles, the bones and prevents fractures.
- It increases the activeness and range of motion.
- With power yoga body becomes more flexible.
- Resistant power of the body increases.
- It helps in the recovery of a number of chronic diseases.
- It maintains and stabilises blood sugar.
- With power yoga blood circulation increases.
- It helps in conditions of bad hip, back and spine problems while showing miraculous improvement.
- Last but not the least, it will improve your working efficiency with positive motivation and reduce your health budget for live long.
How often should you do power yoga?
This dynamic 1hour workout is recommended four days a week for better results.
Who is it for?
Almost anyone can do power yoga. But if you have health related problems then its better you consult your doctor or instructor first for better results. There are programs at Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced levels. How fast you move from one level to the next depends on your fitness and flexibility levels. These days everybody is becoming health conscious. Yoga program is possibly the best option for you. Just start doing it and feel the difference.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Jul 20, 2017
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.