Coronavirus has spread like a pandemic in the country and world which can survive for three days on plastic and stainless steel. This has been revealed in a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine. Although this virus remains alive in the air for only three hours (it can affect anyone). The study, funded by the US National Institutes of Health, was posted online last week, but important information has been revealed on Tuesday. At the same time, how long the coronavirus can remain alive on the notes or coins has not been confirmed yet. But you can protect yourself by adopting some options instead of cash.
The findings of the study help researchers understand how long the coronavirus can survive on the surface and in the air. However, researchers say more research needs to be done. The study has revealed some important things, which are as follows:
- The coronavirus remains alive and active for up to 72 hours on stainless steel and plastic.
- The coronavirus remains alive and active for four hours on copper and 24 hours on cardboard.
- During the period of our experiment, the virus remained alive in the air for three hours.
What study says?
According to the study, coronavirus can be spread through the air and any material. Since the virus remains alive on the surface and air for hours, the risk of spreading is very high. These findings are similar to the outbreak of coronaviruses in 2002, in which an infected person in a hospital or a crowded place can cause infections of several hundreds of people.
How long does the coronavirus last on a note?
Virologist Muhammad Munir at Lancaster University in England says that coronavirus is spreading very rapidly through the infected object and there is no information on how long the virus can remain alive on notes or coins. Therefore, it is very difficult to find an effective way to remove the virus from the cash.
Methods to stop the coronavirus from spreading
Wash hands or use an alcohol-based sanitizer to prevent the virus from spreading. The virus can spread through contaminated surfaces, door handles, chairs and electronics items to each other. Hand hygiene is an appropriate means to prevent the spread of the virus.
Cause of corona outbreak
The US Center for Disease Control and Prevention says that the main reason for the spread of coronavirus is the droplets of water coming out of you during a cough or sneeze. According to the CDC website, it is possible that a person can fall prey to COVID-19 virus by touching a surface or object. Provided he has touched his mouth, nose, or eyes after touching an affected surface. However, it has not been considered the main reason for the spread of the virus.
How to avoid corona?
- According to the CDC, if a person is ill he should clean and disinfect items such as his table, food items, light switches and cabinet handle because these surfaces are touched repeatedly during the day.
- A study published last month in The Journal of Hospital Infections found that coronavirus can live up to 9 days on inanimate surfaces such as metal, glass, or plastic.
- During a media briefing on Monday, infectious disease epidemiologist at the World Health Organization, Dr Maria Van Kerkhove, said that researchers continue to investigate how long coronavirus can circulate on surfaces and even in the air.
Read More in Other Diseases