Typhoid is a chronic health condition that is caused by consuming contaminated food. Here are some home remedies for typhoid.
Home Remedies To Prevent Typhoid: When you consume contaminated or stale food, you can get typhoid. This is a bacterial infection which severely affects the intestinal tract. This can also spread to the entire body through the bloodstream. This mostly happens in cases where a person with weaker immunity consumes unsafe drinking water or contaminated food and follow poor hygiene practices. Any channel through which the bacteria and enter your body is harmful. During typhoid, a person suffers from abdominal discomfort, fever, fatigue, headaches, etc. If the person doesn’t receive treatment on time, he/she may even experience nosebleeding, chills, hallucinations and an enlarged liver. Before the condition runs out of hand, it is necessary to treat it on time. Here are some home remedies to prevent and cure typhoid.
Home remedies for typhoid
- Eat Bananas: If you are experiencing diarrhoea as an effect of typhoid, eat bananas. They are high in fibre and ease diarrhoea conditions by absorbing fluids in the body. This may cause electrolyte imbalance, and therefore, you must drink ORS, as mentioned above. Bananas have pectin, a soluble fibre that helps the intestines absorb fluids, thus curing diarrhoea. Potassium in the fruit helps in replacing the electrolytes lost through loose motions. It is one of the best things to eat when having typhoid.
- Holy Basil or Tulsi: Tulsi has antimicrobial, anti-bacterial and immunity-boosting properties. It is the best home remedy to kill the bacteria while boosting immunity. A person suffering from typhoid must consume tulsi in either form. Prepare tulsi water by adding tulsi leaves in boiling water or drink tulsi milk by boiling the leaves in milk. You may also drink herbal tulsi tea with basil, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and honey. All of these will help in strengthening your health.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Typhoid causes a nutrient imbalance in the body. To restore nutrient balance and minerals loss, consume ACV or apple cider vinegar to restore the loss of minerals. It would balance pH levels in the body that is much needed during typhoid. In a glass of water, add a teaspoon of ACV, mix and drink. For faster results, drink this before meals.
- Use Cold Compresses for Fever: It is necessary to control body temperature when you have typhoid. For that, try cold compresses. Put a wet, cold cloth on the forehead. For the rest of the body, use a damp sponge. This effectively lowers down body temperature and treat fever.
- Increase Fluid Intake: Typhoid can cause dehydration. Also, to flush out bacteria and toxins, the person must consume a lot of fluids. This included water, juices, coconut water, soup, etc. The person should drink more fluids than solid foods.
- Drink ORS: ORS or oral rehydration solution aids dehydration. You can buy ORS from a chemist or prepare one at home. In a glass of water, add some sugar and salt. Mix them well and drink this rehydration drink to ease stomach health.
- Eat garlic clove on an empty stomach: Another excellent remedy for typhoid is eating raw garlic. This not only detoxifies the body but also boosts immunity.
Read more articles on Home Remedies
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.