Treatment of Jaundice: Read article on Ayurvedic treatment for jaundice. Get information on various Ayurvedic remedies (medicine).
This season calls for various diseases, which are common to happen to people. One of these is jaundice, where the colour of the skin and eyes change as per the bilirubin in the body. Bilirubin is the waste material accumulated in the blood, which can happen due to various reasons. As we know, our liver helps in flushing out the waste from our body. Hence, when there is specific dysfunction or inflammation in the lungs, it could lead to a heavy accumulation of bilirubin in the body. Therefore, jaundice could be a reason for various underlying health factors in the body, including:
- Inflammation in the bile duct
- Inflammation in liver
- Itchiness in the private parts and even changed the colour of the urine
Apart from going for the conventional treatment method, Ayurveda has some tried and tested perils to cure this health concern, which can even lead to fatalities in extreme cases. Jaundice is caused by an infection which distorts the liver into malfunctioning. It is unable to produce the normal amount of bile needed for maintaining the functions of body cells and tissues. Due to unhealthy body cells and tissues, the skin and more noticeably the white of eyes get a yellow tint. In Ayurvedic treatment of Jaundice, the disease is considered an imbalance of pitta, one of the three body humour. The abdominal region is full of toxins causing the imbalance. These toxins need to be flushed out to restore balance and bring the immune system back to normal.
Apart from Ayurvedic medicines for treating the condition, certain diet precautions and recommendations are also given. Avoidable foods are chocolate, cakes, ice cream, spicy food, alcohol, non-vegetarian food and in general any heavy food. Foods that are recommended as an aid in the curative process are vegetables such as tomatoes and radish, and dry fruits such as dried date, almond and cardamom.
To start with, the following are some Ayurvedic Remedies for Jaundice
- Ghritkumari (Aloe Vera)
- Jaundice Berry
- Kakmachi (Solanum Nigrum)
Here’s how you can use Ayurveda herbs in treating jaundice in most cases:
- Use of gokulkanta plant root is beneficial in liver diseases, including jaundice. The root of the herb is infused in water to prepare a medicine to be given to the patient 2 or 3 times daily. Also, ensure that you consult an Ayurvedic specialist before taking any herb as a medicinal dose to understand the right dosage.
- One of the best Ayurvedic remedies for jaundice is Turpeth. It is called Nisoth in Ayurveda. This herb is taken in powdered form and taken after mixing with hot water twice daily. But, some may face specific digestional side effects too. Hence, take with caution. Consult a specialist.
- A very useful Ayurvedic medicine for the treatment of jaundice is Kamalahar. It is useful for other liver disorders too. It helps in regeneration of hepatic cells. Patients should take 1 to 2 capsules thrice every day. The great thing is that no observable side-effect has been found yet. Also, boosting immunity with certain drinks like Rasam tea is also possible. Here's how it is made.
- Take bitter gourd juice every morning. Extract the juice by mashing the vegetable and pressing with a cloth. Bitter gourd juice is extremely healthy and is known for its various health benefits. Hence, take only fresh vegetable while making this juice as it reduces the chances of bacterial infections too.
- Make a cup of juice with equal proportions of beetroot and lemon. Have this juice for a few days to cure jaundice.
- Extract juice from amalaki, the Indian gooseberry (Emblica officinalis) and drink it thrice every day in teaspoonful quantity. It is a very effective remedy for all types of liver ailments.
- Ayurveda for jaundice and other liver conditions has some very potent medicines as well as beneficial diet recommendations. The Ayurvedic treatment for jaundice is almost free from any side-effects.
Read more articles on Ayurveda
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.