A stroke is a precarious situation that happens when a blood vessel in the brain ruptures and bleeds or when there’s a blockage in the blood supply to the brain. The blockage prevents oxygen and blood from reaching the brain’s tissues. A lot of lives are lost because of a sudden stroke.
Eating the right food always makes a person healthy and fit. People suffering from heart disease should avoid high cholesterol food and should consume a heart-healthy diet. Black tea and green tea helps in reducing the cholesterol level and blood pressure because it contains plant nutrients and flavonoids. Apart from this, pomegranate has high antioxidants and phytosterols, which are plant steroids, and it helps in reducing cholesterol.
Nowadays, stress is one of the most common problems that is faced by everyone and in an indirect way, the pressure is also one of the reasons behind the stroke. So massaging regularly helps in reducing the stress level. The ayurvedic herb that is converted into an oil-like Brahmi, arjuna, Shatavari, dashamula and tulsi helps in decreasing stress.
Maintaining a healthy weight and a healthy BMI is an excellent way to manage many risk factors for stroke. Incorporate Triphala, horse gram, lemon ginger & honey water, ajwain and kalonji in the daily diet, as these elements aids weight management.
Yoga is an excellent technique for staying fit and healthy. It is a low impact exercise which can be done by everyone. Regular practice of yoga and pranayama improves blood circulation and makes the body flexible.
These days, people who prefer natural remedies usually opt for herbs. According to Ayurveda, few of the below-mentioned herbs improve the blood circulation.
- Ashwagandha: Also known as Indian ginseng, ashwagandha has antioxidant properties that prevent and treat stroke.
- Bilberry: This berry as well as boosts cholesterol and lower blood sugar.
- Garlic: Famous ayurvedic herb, garlic prevents blood clotting, and it destroys plaque.
- Asian ginseng: A staple of Chinese medicine, Asian ginseng helps to boost the memory.
- Gotu kola: This herb boosts cognitive function in people who’ve had strokes.
- Turmeric: One of the famous household Indian spices, turmeric lower cholesterol levels and help to prevent blockages in arteries.
(Inputs By Mohamad Yusuf N Shaikh, Founder Kudrati Ayurved Health Centre)
Read More on Ayurveda