Healthy dessert recipe: Low carb chocolate mousse
Hardly there are people that can resist the temptation of chocolate.
Desserts made of chocolate are the best.
Your family will love this wonderful chocolaty treat.
Your weekend parties can be extra fun with some chocolate.
- 6 broken up oz unsweetened chocolate.
- 2 Eggs.
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder.
- 1 Cup erythritol or any powdered sweetner.
- 1 to 1½ cup worth of sugar substitute, to taste.
- 1 Tablespoon rum, brandy.
- 1 Teaspoon espresso powder.
- 1 Cup heavy cream.
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla.
- Pinch of salt.
- Cover the chocolate with boiling water in a large bowl.
- Put egg yolk in smaller bowl and the white part of the egg in a bowl which is to be used as a mixer.
- Whisk the yolks with powdered sweetener, erythritol and the salt. Whisk until it is smooth and takes a light lemon color.
- Pour the water off the chocolate. Make sure you save half a cup aside. Add rum and whisk cocoa and the espresso powder into the chocolate, followed by the liquids. Then add egg yolk mixture to it.
- Beat the egg white with cream of tartar until it forms soft peaks. Whisk one-third of it into chocolate mixture, and fold the rest.
- Whip cream and vanilla with small amount of powdered sweetner in the same mixer bowl. Then fold into the chocolate mixture. Make sure its half at a time.
- Put it in cups or bowls Sand cover it and allow it to chill for a minimum of an hour before serving it.
Read more articles in Healthy Recipes.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Jan 15, 2013
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.