Who doesn’t wish for smooth and pretty lips? We all do! But the question is how to get them.
Worry not people! Here we bring to you some simple beauty tips for lips.
Exfoliation is the Secret
If you thought exfoliation is only meant for body skin, you are wrong friend. Here we tell you how to get soft lips. Your lips need exfoliation too.
- Mix some sugar and vinegar oil and scrub them off on your lips using a tooth brush. This will soften the lips and allow the shedding of dead skin.
- You may also take a pinch of sugar in your palm, mix a few drops of water in it and rub the mixture together to make a paste and apply on your lips in circular motion.
- Move your index finger in small gentle strokes to exfoliate the lips. You will love the sweet smell lingering behind.
- A lip balm or petroleum jelly should immediately be applied after exfoliating at bedtime and throughout the day.
- Choose a lip balm with an appropriate SPF value to protect your smackers from getting tanned.
Frequent and long exposure to sun puts your lips at the risk of getting lip cancer especially when you subject them to the use of alcohol or tobacco.
Relax your Lips
If your lips look tight, you might be subjecting them to stress. Try relaxing them, a bit, well for your mind and lips both.
One of the tips for soft skin is to make your lips look bigger is to part them a bit making way for a tiny sliver. It also allows air to flow properly inside the mouth.
Females can smooth out any imperfections with lip liner and fill it with tinted lip gloss. Any hair around the lips should be removed to provide contrast between the skin and lips. It will make your lips go pop!
Males can use their facial hair to hide imperfections. Stubble seems to strike a good balance because it signals masculinity while still maintaining a youthful appearance.
Make Your Own Lip Balm at Home
The idea sounds crazy? Well, it’s not! It is not a daunting task to prepare your own lip balm. And even better, you will know what exactly you are putting on your lovely lips. The ingredients can be found easily in most kitchens or supermarkets.
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp beeswax
- 1 Tbsp rosewater
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- Glass measuring cup with spout
- Small sauce pan
- Spoon to stir
- Container to store the lip balm
1. Combine olive oil and beeswax in a glass measuring cup. Fill the sauce pan with two inches of water and place it on stove at medium heat. Put the glass measuring cup in the sauce pan, double boiler-style.
2. Melt the beeswax thoroughly, stirring occasionally to help the oil and wax incorporate.
3. Once the beeswax has melted completely, add the rosewater and rosemary leaves, and turn the heat to low. Continue to stir occasionally.
4. After about 20 minutes, strain the mixture into your container or containers of your choice, let it sit with the lid off until the mixture hardens and enjoy!
Image source: Getty Images
Read more articles on Face Make-up.