A proper diet comprising of a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, whole grains, nuts, etc., that increase body’s immunity. Having a balanced diet is not enough; one needs to have a nutritional diet as well, especially in the current situation. One should include food that not only gives them a taste but also helps in restoring their immunity. Some of us have a naturally healthy immunity system, while others don’t. In both cases, one needs to eat right. With the current situation and the changing environment, it is essential to make sure that you pick the best kind of food to stay fit and healthy. Because your risk of being exposed to viruses, bacteria and other disease-causing pathogens is higher during the rainy season.
Can these foods build immunity?
Research suggests that some dietary factors have immune-regulatory properties. This includes macronutrients such as protein, omega-3 fatty acids, or micronutrients like vitamins C and D. So, adding foods that may build immunity to your monsoon diet can help keep infections at bay. It has been correctly said that “ Health is Wealth”, this pandemic has not only affected the physical well being but also had hit the mental health adversely. It has a worse effect on the mental health of most of the people because of one or the other issues. We tend to take care of physical health, but it is equally important to take care of your mental health.
What is cortisol?
Cortisol, i.e. the adrenal glands produce a steroid hormone sits on top of each kidney. If the level of cortisol increase, it leads to an increase in stress and anxiety, which leads the mind towards the state of depression. One should always try that cortisol should not increase, but mostly all of us are not aware of it. In this condition, we’ll have to keep up with both mental and physical health for that let us have an impression on some of the foods which can keep both our mental and immune system in excellent conditions at the same time.
If things are not as per we want we tend to have stress, that how we have been made up but there are various foods which can help us control or reduce the stress level and take care of mental wellbeing, few of them are mentioned below.
- Spices: We use various kinds of spices in our daily food, and many of us are not aware of their benefits. Spices like Cardamom, Haldi, cinnamon, supply us with antioxidants and boost our energy level.
- Green Tea: Many of us do not like to have green tea because of its taste, but it is very beneficial for us. Green teas are high in I-theanine, an amino acid which helps in reducing the anxiety levels. One should try and consume in the direct form or develop a taste to have green tea.
- Spinach: It is one of the most disliked green vegetable like many other green leafy vegetables. All these are a rich source in magnesium a mineral with is an essential requirement for more than three hundred chemical reactions in the body. Magnesium is beneficial in fighting anxiety and stress issues.
- Yoghurt: A diet that has probiotic foods like a particular type of probiotic has witnessed changes in the body response to stress and anxiety level.
- Dark Chocolate: I don’t think so that this is anything new and all of us are very well aware with the fact that dark chocolates are known to release feel-good chemicals in our brains. Being everyone’s favourite it helps to calm you down. It is always lovely to have nutritional and healthy food to stay stress-free.
Read more articles on Mind Body
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.