The kind of life we are living these days is laying severe negative impacts on our health. This is not only putting us at risk of serious health problems but also affecting the fertility of both men and women. Our unclean diet and sedentary lifestyle are major factors responsible for ill health including reproductive health. Doctors advise couples to improvise their diet and lifestyle when they plan for the baby. This would help them conceive sooner with minimal complications. Fertility yoga is one of the best remedies to boost fertility. This doesn’t guarantee conception but this certainly increases the chances.
What Is Fertility Yoga?
Fertility Yoga is a series of yoga with selected poses that help you in releasing stress from the body, increase blood circulation and carry detoxification to strengthen the inner health and increase the chances of getting pregnant.
- Yoga stimulates the reproductive system by increasing blood flow to the lower abdominal region.
- Increased flow allows nutrients to reach the reproductive organs.
- This eases the circulation towards the pelvic region thereby regulating the endocrine system which is responsible for hormonal functions.
- Thus, it would help in boosting fertility.
However, if you are having problems with conceiving, you must visit a gynaecologist.
Best Fertility Yoga Poses
Bhramari Pranayama (Bee Breathing)
- Sit in a relaxed position and close your eyes.
- Now, close your ears with thumbs
- Place the index fingers on the eyebrows and press your nose with other fingers.
- Do breathing and make a bee humming sound.
- Do this for the maximum possible time and Repeat 10-15 times.
Paschimottanasana (Seated forward bend)
- Sit on an even floor and stretch your legs.
- Place your hands on the thighs.
- Breathe in and raise your arms above the head.
- Breathe out and slowly bend forward and try to touch your toes.
- Keep your back straight and bring your head close to knees.
- Stay in for 5 seconds and then return back to the normal position.
Hastapadasana (Standing forward bend)
- Stand with a straight back and keep your legs close or joint.
- Take a deep breath and raise your hands forming180 degrees line
- While exhaling, bend forward and try to touch your toes.
- Keep the back straight and don’t bend.
- Try to maintain this position for 10 seconds and then get back to the normal position.
Baddha Konasana (Butterfly pose)
- Sit and keep your legs straight.
- Bend your knees in the opposite direction so that the soles of your feet join each other.
- Hold your toes with both the hands and try to bring the feet close to you.
- Now, flap your thighs and knees like butterfly wings.
- Increase the speed slowly and then decrease.
- You would feel your thighs getting stretched.
- Get back to the original position with your legs straight.
Bhujangasana (Cobra pose)
- Lie with your stomach.
- Join your legs and rest hands on the sides.
- Put pressure on your hands and try to lift the upper body stretching the back.
- Hold the position for 10-15 seconds.
- Get back to the normal position.
Read More in Yoga