Everyone has different kind of body structure and it is not possible for anyone to be having exact same assets as another person. People often dream of achieving perfect body shape and idealise someone accordingly. It is true that it may not be possible for someone to have same body structure, but working your body in a particular manner can help you achieve a good shape and size. This applies to hips as well. Having wider and attractive hips is like a blessing in disguise however a person can have it by training and exercising in a particular fashion to shed fat and get firmer and rounder looking hips. Today we will discuss some exercises which you can follow to achieve wider and toned hips.
5 Exercises for Wide and Toned Hips
1. Side Lunges with dumbbells
Side lunges are great to put pressure on your thighs and lower back. This exercise makes the muscles tone up from the sides and give a great look. Different planes will help you to make your buttocks look more in shape. This exercise contains a range of motions that include sagittal, frontal and transverse. Depending on the joint, it will put pressure to tone the muscles.
First starting with frontal plane-
- Stand straight with feet together
- Then take light or medium dumbbell depending on your weight
- Put your right foot forward and begin to step out.
- Now bend your knees and push your hips back
- Drop your arms and put your hands beside your right leg while looking forward
- Push off with your right foot and then shift your weight on the left leg
- Return to the centre and repeat it on the other side.
Do this exercise 3 times with 12 reps each.
2. Hip Raise
This is also very beneficial to shape your hips and tone them. It also makes your core and back muscles strong. Hip raise can help you gain round butts and thus you need to practise it daily. However keep in check that you do it in the correct posture as it may affect your back and neck muscles otherwise. This exercise is also good for your glutes.
To do this exercise-
- First lie on the floor straight with your back down.
- Keep your arms straight beside your body with palms facing downwards
- Not breather and push through your heels, lift your hips up by squeezing your hamstrings and pelvic floor.
- Rest your upper body on the shoulders and form a straight line
- Hold that position for 2-3 seconds and then slowly put your hips on the floor.
- Do 3 sets of this exercise and complete 15 reps
3. Side Leg Lifts
This exercise is similar to side leg abduction. In this exercise you lay down to target your butts. Side leg lifts are very helpful in toning and widening your hips. This exercise allows your hips muscles to stretch and makes them look in shape. For this exercise you need to follow this routine-
- Lie down on a mat or little soft surface.
- Now turn to right side along with your back, neck and head in neutral position
- Rest your hand below your arm for support and extend it to your head for comfortable position
- Now put your legs on one above the another
- Slowly raise your left leg up as high as you can and hold it for 1 second.
- Now put it down on your other leg gradually
Do this exercise 3 times with 15 reps on each side. It is one of the best exercise for getting ideal hip shape and toning hip muscles.
It is a very popular exercise to tone your lower body and muscles of your hips. It helps to widen your hip muscles and gives a good shape. Squats are beneficial for toning up your thigh, hips and calf muscles. It also puts pressure on your core and develops a ideal structure. To do this exercise you need to do take the following steps.
- Start with upright position with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Move your toes slightly outwards
- Now slowly bend your knees and keep your hand parallel to the ground
- Push your hips and butts back in position of sitting on a chair
- Keep your chin and neck in comfortable position forward
- Move down till a right angle is created between your thighs and the floor
- Keep your weight on your heels for effectiveness of the exercise
- Gradually come upward and return to initial position.
Repeat this for 15 times in a set of 3.
5. Split Leg Squats
This exercise is also called Bulgarian split squats. Split leg squats apply pressure on the glutes and increase your stability. This exercise also makes your hips rounder and more attractive. It needs to be done in correct order to create impact on the legs and hip muscles.
To do this exercise-
- Split your standing position and spread your legs wide apart.
- Rest your upper portion of the body on the front foot
- Lunge on your right foot; keep the chest up till your knee touches the ground
- Now return to the initial standing position.
- Do 3 sets of this exercise with 10 reps each time.
Read More Articles on Exercise Fitness
Picture Credits- pexels.com