World No Tobacco Day 2020: Knowing that smoking is harmful to health, it is difficult for people to get rid of this addiction. Smoking causes lung cancer, and it can also worsen mental health. Recent research has revealed that smoking a beedi or cigarette can cause mental health problems. The research analysis, published in the journal PLOS One, was carried out by researchers at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Belgrade University and Pristine University in Israel. In this research, the socio-political and economic environment of more than two thousand students enrolled in Serbian University was surveyed. This revealed that the risk of depression in students who smoked was two to three times higher than that of non-smoking students.
SMOKING AND NERVOUS SYSTEM
- According to Hagai Levine, the lead author of the research at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem in Israel, our study provides evidence that smoking and depression are closely related. However, it is too early to say that smoking causes depression, but tobacco adversely affects our mental health.
- According to the researchers, 14 per cent of smokers, especially at Pristine University, were depressed, compared to only 4 per cent of non-smokers. The number at Belgrade University was 19 per cent to 11 per cent respectively.
- Furthermore, no matter what their economic or socio-political background was, students who smoked had higher rates of symptoms of depression than students who did not smoke.
- Smoking kills more people than obesity, alcohol consumption, infectious diseases and road accidents. Cigarette or bidi smoke contains some of the most harmful chemicals, some of which are nicotine, tar, carbon monoxide, hydrogen cyanide, formaldehyde, arsenic, ammonia, benzene, butane, hexamine, cadmium, toluene etc. These chemicals are dangerous for smokers and those around them.
- Smoking increases the risk of lung cancer, respiratory problems, risk of diabetes, adverse effects on fertility, dementia, etc. Not only this, but smoking also increases the risk of heart disease. Smoking can also speed up the normal ageing process of the skin. Premature wrinkles, skin inflammation increases.
- Smoking cigarettes for a long time, make a person addicted to it. According to research, the person who starts smoking at a young age is more prone to addiction. In such a situation, it is believed that only 6 per cent of smokers can get rid of its addiction completely.
NATURAL HOME REMEDIES
The adverse effects of tobacco and cigarettes must be removed entirely from the body by detoxing the lungs and to do this. There is nothing better than home remedies, i.e. natural treatment. There are some selected things which have a significant effect on our lungs, and with their regular use, the blood along with lungs can also be purified entirely. So let's start with the first recipe.
- Ginger juice
- Cinnamon lemon juice
- And red chilli powder
In this, we have to use cayenne pepper rather than 'chilli powder' used at home. Cayenne pepper is more beneficial than ordinary red chillies. It is made from thick and long red chillies. Consuming it is considered very good for the stomach, kidney, liver and lungs, as well as mixing honey with Cayenne pepper detoxes the body rapidly. After mixing all these things, we have to prepare a drink.
- For this, first of all, remove about one and a half cup of water in a glass. And after that add half teaspoon Cayenne Pepper Powder, half teaspoon cinnamon powder, one teaspoon ginger juice, one teaspoon lemon juice and two teaspoons honey and mix all the things well together. This way, this drink will be prepared.
- Consume this drink every night by siping it like tea before going to bed. The cinnamon and lemon juice present in it helps to boost the metabolism of the body by removing the tar in the lungs. And at the same time, honey repairs and cures the damage and infection caused by smoking and tobacco consumption rapidly.
- This drink made of all things cleans the lungs as well as blood. By using it continuously, our respiratory system is improved, and breathing becomes more different than before. After a few days of use, you will see a tremendous difference in the energy of your body.
Read More in Mind-Body
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.