Callus is a very common skin problem that occurs under the hands and toes. Due to either aging or excessive hard work done, the skin becomes thick and these are called callus. Apart from affecting the beauty of the hands/feet, sometimes these affect the physical movements of hands/feet. Also, the skin of your hands become stiff which leaves a bad impression when you shake hands with someone.
To overcome the problem of these calluses with palms and soles, you can adopt some easy home remedies. Here are two home remedies for calluses.
1. Bread and Vinegar
Another easy way to remove calluses is by using bread and vinegar, you can clean the calluses completely. This will also make your hands soft. For this you will need the following things:
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar or any vinegar
- One slice bread
- Medical tape
Instructions to use
Sometimes calluses burst or become wounds. If so, first clean it thoroughly.
- Take half a cup of vinegar in a bowl and dip the slices of bread of the same size as the portion to be covered, so that the bread absorbs the vinegar properly.
- After the vinegar has been soaked, place the bread on the callus area and cover it with gauze.
- Apply medical tape over it, so that it sticks to the arms and legs.
Why is it beneficial
Vinegar has antibacterial and anti fungal properties. Vinegar is acidic so it makes the skin soft. We use bread to soak the vinegar, so that the liquid stays on your skin for a long time.
Also Read: Anti-Aging Tips For Mothers
2. Lemon paste for callus treatment
Calluses gradually disappear by applying lemon paste and you feel the skin of your hands becoming soft. To make this paste you will need the following ingredients.
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Baking soda
- Mesh strip
- Medical tape
How to make this paste
- To make this paste, first mix lemon juice and olive oil.
- Now add 1 teaspoon baking soda and mix it well to make a thick paste
- Fill this paste in an air tight container and keep it in a cool place.
- Now in the place where you see calluses, apply this paste in small amounts, then you bend the netting strip several times and keep it so that the paste will stick on the callus.
- After this, stick this bandage with the help of medical tape.
Why is this paste beneficial?
Baking soda contains sodium bicarbonate, which flushes out old skin. Lemon has acidic properties so it makes the skin soft and olive oil helps in the growth of new skin and keeps hands moisturized. By applying this paste 1 time every day, the problem of calluses will get cleared from the root.
- These remedies are for minor calluses. In case you have bigger calluses, consult a doctor.
- Even though these are natural treatments, sensitive skin might react to it. Be careful while applying these on the skin.
- Don’t peel the calluses, this might agitate the issue.
Read more articles in Skin Care
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.