Lips are second most delicate and sensitive part of your face. Making use of inorganic and chemical induced products on lips can ruin the natural beauty of your lips.
Lips are second most delicate and sensitive part of your face. Making use of inorganic and chemical induced products on lips can ruin the natural beauty of your lips. The market is full of lip balms and products for lips but some of lip balms are made of ingredients that can harm your lips, stripping your lips off their natural softness and color.
That is why it is always better to use homemade lip balms. Making lip balm at home is not that tough. On the contrary, the homemade lip balm recipe is very simple and ideal for your lips. With all the natural ingredients and essential oil, you can have soft and plum lips with no fear of adverse effects.
Let’s make lip balm at home with this simple DIY lip balm recipe
- Oil, ¼ cup (You can use any oil, like coconut, almond, groundnut, olive oil and etc.)
- ¼ cup butter (you can use any butter, shea, cocoa, aloe, kokum butter etc.)
- 2 to 3 cups of beeswax or soy wax.
- Few drops of essential oils (rose, lavender, basil, chamomile, pine and etc. but try to find 100% oils).
- Some food color or some natural colorant.
DIY lip balm recipe
- Heat the oil and butter together in a microwave.
- Add wax in the molten oil and butter. You must add enough wax to the mixture to make a total of ¾ cup.
- Now, mix the mixture while it is still hot. See if the consistency is according to your requirement. You can add more oil or butter.
- Now, add a few drops of essential oil of your preference.
- Add some natural colorant.
- Stir the mixture until smooth, with no lumps in it.
- Carefully pour the mixture into small containers.
- Your DIY lip balm is ready to use.
Read more articles in Beauty & Personal Care.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.