Diabetes is a common condition related to disruptions in your blood sugar level. Your blood sugar level plays an important role in how your body metabolizes food and how it uses energy. Diabetes occurs when your body can’t properly produce o
Diabetes is a disease that affects the body's ability to manage blood sugar levels. If it is not kept under control, it may increase the risk of stroke or heart attack. Due to the non-production of insulin hormones, the blood sugar level increases enormously which causes diabetes. The risk of heart and arterial diseases in diabetic patients is twice that of a normal person. If the disease is not taken care of (properly), it can increase the risk of serious physical problems such as the eyes, kidneys and many others. If you are a diabetic, there is a need to control it as well as reduce the risk of heart diseases. Proper dietary intake, regular screening, and exercise can help reduce the risk of diabetes.
Eating turmeric is beneficial in diabetes
Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidants properties, which are very beneficial for diabetic patients. A study in 2013 showed that turmeric can reduce blood glucose levels and the risk of diabetes. Not only this, but turmeric is also helpful in increasing the amount of insulin. Let us know how you can consume it.
- Turmeric can be taken as a supplement, but do consult a doctor before eating it.
- To control blood sugar level, take a pinch of ginger powder along with turmeric milk. This will help control high blood pressure.
- Research has also shown that adding a pinch of cinnamon powder to turmeric milk helps to increase the amount of insulin.
- When insulin is low, sugar does not reach the cells and blood properly, due to which the energy of the cells starts decreasing. Sesame is beneficial for diabetes patients, it controls blood sugar level fast.
- Also, amla and turmeric mixture control diabetes. Add a pinch of turmeric to two teaspoons of amla juice and consume it daily in the morning. Amla has anti-diabetic properties which also maintains the cholesterol level of diabetic patients (so that the diabetic patient does not have cholesterol-related problems).
Turmeric intake is beneficial for your health, but you should keep in mind that curcumin, which is the active ingredient of turmeric, is a little difficult to absorb. Although most people like to eat it, many people are allergic to it. Therefore, you can start taking it in small amounts by taking the advice of your doctor.
Read More on Diabetes
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.