COVID-19 Study: Risk Of Transmitting Novel Coronavirus? Here Are Some Most Infectious Surfaces To Be Cautious Of.
Coronavirus infection cases are continuously rising in the country and the world. However, all efforts are being made to deal with it. People are being advised to follow the rules such as washing hands with soap, wearing masks, and maintain social distance. Recently in Japan, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine claimed in its research that the coronavirus on human skin could survive for up to nine hours. Researchers in Australia have now conducted a study in which they reveal the most contagious surfaces. Let's know about those surfaces.
Also Read: Know The Don’ts Of Wearing A Mask
- ATM screens and buttons: The study said that the button and screen of the ATM also have the highest risk of spreading the coronavirus. If an infected person has used an ATM to withdraw money, the virus might have stuck to its buttons and screens. Therefore, it is better to do online transactions during this corona period or if using ATM, then wash hands thoroughly with soapy water immediately after use or a sanitizer.
- Waiting in the hospital: Although special care is being taken to cleanliness in hospitals during this corona period, still there is a high risk of spreading of coronavirus. Especially in the waiting room of the hospital, because people often come and go, maybe one of them is corona infected and has touched a surface. So it is better to wear a mask whenever you go to the hospital and avoid touching any surfaces.
- Mobile phone screens: Nowadays people use mobile phones every time, whether sitting in the metro or bus. In such a situation, there is a risk of sticking the coronavirus on the screen of the mobile phone, due to which you can also become infected with the corona. Therefore, it is better not to use mobile at all in public places or if you are using it, keep it sanitized from time to time.
- Currency notes: According to the study, the coronavirus can remain alive for twenty days in twenty-degree temperature on currency notes. In such a situation, the possibility of spread of coronavirus from one person to other increases due to the transaction of notes. Therefore it is better that you resort to as much digital payment as possible. Avoid transaction of currency notes.
- Public transport windows and poles: The study found the windows and pillars of public transport to be the most contagious. According to the study, the windows and the posts are made of steel or glass, so the virus sticks easily to them and remains on that surface for several hours.
Read More in Latest Health News
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.