What is an indispensable part of every makeup look? It's the BLUSH that completes your face and makes you look more awake. But do you know, it can also have an opposite effect? From the wrong kind to the wrong colour, one blush mistake can ruin a beautiful look. People make similar mistakes while using blush. Blush is used to enhance the glow of the face after makeup. You can use it to improve and balance the facial tone. But it can be worsened in two ways. First, when you make some unusual mistakes while doing it, and second when you apply it on your dehydrated skin. Except for these two, we must know some common mistakes that are made while using blush.
Five mistakes made while applying blush
- Correct way to apply blusher: You can use those small/mini brushes to apply blusher. If you choose a cream formula, you can use your fingers, a sponge, or a soft brush. Make sure your hands are clean and then apply it gently to the face. Take it upwards on the face and do not spread too much on your nose. Then smoothen it. If it is a powder blush, then you need to find the right brush for it. For a simple look, you may need a brush that can balance it is a great way. If you want a more concentrated blush in one area of the cheek, you can use a thick, tight brush.
- Heavy blush look: Several people do not find it easy to blush neatly. So for best results start with a small amount and increase it gradually. If you have already done a lot of makeup coating on your face, then give it a slight blush to lighten your look and then spread the colour with a moist makeup sponge. Some blushes may have filters that can be applied by balancing with the help of highlighters. But while applying it, keep in mind that use both of them in minimum quantity and try to balance it further.
- Wrong shade blusher: It is not just colour; it is also about the skin type. So what colours should you choose? If you have a warm skin tone, then you can look at the shades of orange and its kind (which have a slightly yellow colour). You can use/apply pink shades, with a more relaxed and lighter skin tone/complexion. At the same time, you can also select some dark colours such as dark red, coral, etc.
- How to blend blush properly? Do not apply the blush on the same part of the skin; keep mixing it to smear it. For example, to blend a powder blush, you have to mix it very well. If you have chosen a powder blush, use a matte foundation and setting powder for this. While applying it on oily skin, you need to take special care. Whenever you blush, keep in mind that the whole game is to blend it well.
- Blush and skin tone: Not choosing the right blush according to your skin type can also be a big mistake. If your skin is oily, then you should use powdered blush only, as it works best for humid and hot climates. At the same time, you can also apply a cream blush as then it works as a one-step makeup product for dry skin.
Read more on Fashion and beauty