If you’re someone who is crazy about skincare, you already know the importance for each product and its benefits. Most people who yet struggle to keep up with their skincare often tend to get carried away. Every product has its own use and importance and there is nothing that covers up for the other products. In this article, our focus is on eye care. Onlymyhealth got in touch with Dr. Noopur Jain, MD Dermatology, Founder and consultant dermatologist at Skinzest, Gurugram to know what too look for in an eye cream.
Eye Cream Benefits
Speaking of the area around the eye, we often tend to overlook it. If you do not look after the area around your eye it can cause premature aging. The skin is super delicate and thus the again results are shown first around there. Not taking enough care can cause wrinkles, dark circles, sagging of the under eyes and puffy eyes.
As we layer our skincare in our routine, an under eye cream or eye cream is a must to add. An under eye cream is not just for women in their 30’s or 40’s, but you can also start using these in your 20’s to enjoy the effects longer.
Using an under eye cream can have so many benefits such as:
- Reducing puffiness after a long night of no sleep
- Lightening your dark circles
- Helps in keeping the skin around your eyes tight
- Hydrates the area around your eye
- Keeps you away from woes like wrinkles
- It also evens out your skin tone
After all these benefits that we now know of, it’ll be naive to not add these to your skincare regime.
There are several eye care creams, how do you know which is the perfect one for your skin. Dr.Noopur Jain states that before you use a certain product make sure it has the ingredients that boost the properties that the product is known for.
Best Ingredients for Eye Cream
What are the best ingredients for an under eye cream? Eye creams are supposed to be very gentle and relaxing around the eye. Thus they definitely have to be free off artificial fragrances, toxins, chemicals, etc. The best ingredients to be in an under eye cream are;
- Hyaluronic Acid- Hyaluronic acid for skin is one of the must haves as it not only moisturizes your skin but also prevents it from aging, reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- Caffeine- Caffeine is very well known for refreshing the body. But it also reduces puffiness and tiredness of your face. Thus you have no more obvious puffy looking eyes.
- Vitamin C- Vitamin C, is well known to make your skin look bright and thus it evens the skin tone of your face and the under eye.
- Green Tea- Green tea has potent antioxidant powers and thus helps in refreshing your skin alongside soothes your under eye.
- Vitamin K- This vitamin helps in taking off the puffy and swollen look from your under eye and thus removes dark circles as well.
- SPF- It helps in protection from the UV rays of the sun, preventing it from causing premature ageing and wrinkles.
- Ceramides- They improve the texture of the skin and moisturizes them well.
Although before you choose the product for your skin, make sure the ingredients are effective on the kind of skin you have.
For Acne prone skin- Acne prone skin is usually when you have very sensitive and delicate skin. These are the products effective for acne prone or sensitive skin:
- Green tea extracts
If you have dry and dull skin, the products listed below are just what you should add to your cart:
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin C
How to apply eye cream?
The best way to apply the correct product on your under eye or around the eye are is to take the product on your ring finger and gently apply it around the eye area in dots. You can gently pat it, do not rub harshly. Next step, you can use a massaging tool under your eye gently to increase the blood flow. Do this regularly and see how quick you notice the results!
Image credits- freepik