Building a six-pack isn’t easy and needs actual efforts. Torching your stomach fat isn’t just about sculpting those abs but also about your health too. To get the desired results, having a healthy diet for strength training is necessary and helps in burning off the fat. More the intensity of cardio exercise, the more the calories get burned. That’s why people prefer high- intensity interval workouts, but this depends on your body and strength.
Though cardio is effective, it is essential to know that picking the right kind of cardio is crucial. Read on to know how these exercises can help in burning stomach fat quickly.
When you run, the calories are burned, and your body fat percentage decreases. So it just does not help you lose belly fat, but also sheds fat from other areas. A nice long run every couple of weeks can keep up your aerobics capacity but needs a lot of effort to put in. It can break down muscle and subject your body to lots of pounding. Before running or walking, warm up a bit. Also, apart from running, walking also has some rgeat health benefits. Watch below:
They were designed to minimize the impact on the knees and hips. They provide an intense, low impact cardio workout. This can be an excellent way to burn calories without putting much pressure on your joints. You can switch up the intensity, speed and resistance. Don’t hold on to the handles or rails tightly as this can lead to shoulder or wrist pain.
This is another low impact cardio exercise and a great way to go out. The burning of calories depends upon the speed and intensity. If a person is cycling for 30 minutes, they can burn between 250 to 500 calories. This strengthens your abdominal muscles as cycling requires abdominal stabilization, body rotation and muscle activity. This is how you can do the bicycle exercise:
- Lie on the floor with your hands behind your head
- Raise your knees towards the chest while lifting head and shoulders off the ground
- Bring your right elbow along with your left knee and straighten the right leg
- Keep switching the sides and bring the left elbow toward your right knee and straighten the left leg
- Continue doing this to stimulate a pedalling motion
- Relax your breathing
- Do at least 1 to 3 sets of more repititions
Vertical leg crunch
This is similar to a regular crunch, but it requires you to keep your legs straight. It increases your metabolism and workout’s intensity:
- Lie on the ground with your hands behind your head
- Keep your legs straight up with knees crossed
- Flex your abs by lifting your head and shoulders off the floor
- Lay back again
- Extend your legs in the air the whole time
- Keep exhaling when you flex and inhale when you lay back down
- 1-3 sets with 12-16 repetitions are preferable
Also Read: Banish Back Fat With 5 Easy Moves
Exercise ball crunch
The exercise is a bit difficult as it needs a lot of stabilization which engages more muscles. To do this, you will need an exercising ball:
- Lie on the ball with your lower back supported by it and feet are firmly planted on the ground.
- Place your hands on the chest or behind the head
- Lift your torso up and forward by contracting your abs
- Again lower back down
- keep in mind that the ball should be stable during each crunch
- Exhale when you crunch and inhale when you lower back down again
- Do at least 1-3 sets with 12-16 repetitions.
Read more articles on Exercise & Fitness
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.