Places where tender coconuts are easily available, the doctors suggest that an individual drink at least one glass of coconut water per day.
A coconut since ages has been used for different purposes and one of the most widely known is that of health. A coconut is packed with essential nutrients that have the same level of electrolytic balance that exists in the blood.
Besides, coconut water is naturally sterile. Coconut is especially good for pregnant women because of its ability to help maintain the health of the mother and the baby. Here are some of the benefits of having coconut/coconut water during pregnancy:
- Coconut water is fat free and has zero cholesterol. It also increases the level of the HDL cholesterol or the good cholesterol that is present in the body. Coconut water can help keep the cholesterol levels under control during pregnancy.
- During pregnancy, a woman may experience exhaustion and dehydration, which can be easily replenished by coconut water. Occurrence of natural salt loss can also be replenished by coconut water.
- Coconut water strengthens immune system. Considering that coconut water is rich in anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties, it can help in the prevention of HIV, herpes, flu etc during pregnancy.
- Coconut helps in the prevention and treatment of heartburn. It helps in the cleaning of intestinal worms as well as the digestive tract. Consuming coconut can help pregnant woman in keeping away from constipation and heartburn.
- A lot of women suffer from urinary tract infection during pregnancy, which can be prevented by consuming coconut water, which is a natural diuretic. Drinking coconut water can help increase the frequency and flow of urine.
- Coconut water allows the body for easy digestion, is free of chemicals and contains high amounts of electrolytes.
- Considering that coconut water is light, it helps in weight loss. A cup of coconut water contains only 46 calories because most of it, approximately 95%, is water.
Coconut water is packed with nutrition can help a woman fight all sorts of complications that can occur during and post pregnancy.
Read more articles on Pregnancy Diet.