Ayurveda for Thyroid - More and more people are resorting to ayurvedic treatment for thyroid. This is because the natural ayurvedic remedies have no side effects.
The thyroid gland, located right at the base of the neck, produces hormones which are responsible for controlling metabolism and growth. An over production of hormones, leads to a condition called hyperthyroidism which results in tiredness, loss of energy, and several other related health problems.Under production, gives rise to hypothyroidism, which slows down the metabolism leading to weight gain, loss of appetite and rise of cholesterol levels in the blood.
Visible swelling of the thyroid glands can take place in both cases, resulting in a health condition called “goitre”. Although medicinal treatments for correcting thyroid disorders are common, more and more people prefer an ayurvedic treatment for thyroid. This is particularly because natural ayurvedic remedies have no side effects. They do not bring along any toxicity to the system. Some of the more popular alternatives for an effective ayurvedic treatment for thyroid disorders would include the following.
- Irish moss is known to be effective in dealing with thyroid related problems. It provides the required nourishment to the thyroid glands.
- Options for ayurvedic treatment for thyroid disorders would also include the usage of primrose oil. This oil is known to be particularly suitable for restoring the normal functioning of the thyroid glands.
- Mullein is another effective ayurvedic remedy for thyroid. It is known to provide due protection to tissues of the thyroid glands and is also known to reduce swelling of the glands to a certain extent.
- The anti-oxidising properties of Kelp sea weed is also considered effective in nourishing the thyroid glands. It contains iodine which aids the functioning of thyroid glands.
- If you are suffering from hypothyroidism, bladderwrack, which is high on iodine, can also be administered as a suitable form of ayurvedic treatment for thyroid related problems.
- Black Cohosh, which helps in the balancing of oestrogen levels in the body, can also aid thyroid functions.
- For strengthening the functions of the thyroid and nourishing it, black walnuts, which are rich in iodine and manganese, could be administered as a form of natural medication.
- Some ayurvedic specialists would also resort to the Siberian Ginseng, for effective ayurvedic treatment of thyroid related disorders. Siberian Ginseng is known to be good for the thymus and adrenal glands. These glands in turn play a crucial role in supporting thyroid health.
Apart from prescribing various herbs and natural concoctions for sustained relief from thyroid related illnesses, ayurvedic treatment for thyroid is also about sticking to certain healthy lifestyle habits. You would be advised to stay away from food which can cause unnecessary weight gain. Consumption of fats and sugars should therefore be avoided. Moderate physical activity on a daily basis, would be advised. In addition, you would also be advised to consume natural foods which are rich in manganese, copper, zinc, iron, calcium and iodine.
Read more articles on Ayurveda
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.