Commonly Used Ayurvedic Herbs
Some Ayurvedic herbs are used commonly for getting rid of normal health problems. It is the common sense way of being healthy.
The Ayurvedic herbs are renowned for their holistic approach to treatment. It offers you the most natural ways to regain health. The time tested remedies which have been praised for being an effective cure with a lot of common sense. You do need to determine the herbs that work best for you. It would depend on the bio-chemistry of your body. Certain combination of herbs is also recommended by the Ayurvedic practitioners.
Your doshas or body imbalances are sought to set right with the use of Ayurvedic herbs. You need to diagnose your condition and ask the Ayurvedic doctor for giving you the right herb.
Some commonly used Ayurvedic herbs for maintaining your health are –
- Ashwagandha – This herb is used for strengthening your body. If you complain about tiring too easily, it works to boost your energy levels. It is useful for both mental and physical exhaustion. Ashwagandha is a natural energiser and at times used for increasing the sperm count too.
- Coleus forskohli – The root of this plant is extracted and put to various health benefits. Improving blood circulation and restoring heart health. In particular, this Ayurvedic detoxifier is useful in treatment of congestive heart failure and pulmonary circulation problems.
- Ginger – It has digestive properties and can be particularly useful for treatment of upset stomach and nausea. Many herbal teas recommended by Ayurveda have ginger as its ingredient precisely because of this characteristic. It is a digestion stimulant and detoxifier with use in several cooking recipes.
- Along with Ashwagandha, comfrey root, licorice, cardamom with draksha and marshmellow are useful in managing the symptoms of a bad cough. They help in keeping the throat moisturised and promote healing. You also need to follow certain dietary recommendations for best results in treatment.
- Turmeric – It is a commonly used Ayurvedic herb for treatment of obesity. This herb is also being used now-a-days for treatment of arthritis patients by making use of its anti-inflammatory properties. Researches done on healing properties of turmeric has revealed that it breaks down dietary fats and prevents the formation of blood clots.
- Arjuna is an excellent herbal remedy for those suffering from a heart disease or angina.
Ayurveda is the system of treatment people usually fall back on when all else fails. Many times such people are pleasantly surprised as some chronic, stubborn diseases get cured. Since the approach towards treatment is one of aiming at the root cause of the problem, taking the commonly used Ayurvedic herbs is the way to go for a healthy life.
Read more articles on Ayurveda
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Jul 18, 2011
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.