Ayurveda for Acne: Ayurvedic treatment for acne is centered on restrictions of intake of certain food and administration of special herbs.
There are several acne cure options available to choose from. They all rely on diverse theories pertaining to the causes responsible. Ayurvedic treatment for acne is most suited because they are devoid of side effects. You can safely resort to them without having to worry about adverse reactions. Ayurvedic treatment for acne is based on the conclusion that acne breakouts are primarily a result of eating disorders. Although hormonal imbalances are not ruled out as causes, faulty eating habits are named the main reason. Hence ayurvedic treatment for acne vulgaris is centred on some very vital food intake restrictions as well as administration of special herbs for containing the problem. [Read: Treatment for Acne Vulgaris]
Ayurvedic Treatment for Acne—Dietary Norms
Ayurveda suggests the following dietary norms for addressing the problem of acne suitably. Some of the most common ones include:
- Excessive sugary and oily food is to be avoided especially during the summer months.
- Indulge in fresh fruits as much as possible.
- Prefer consuming leafy greens.
- Avoid food preparations which are pungent and spicy.
- Taking food within very short spans of time could be a poor eating habit which might be responsible for skin problems like acne and pimples. For instance, you should avoid consuming anything within a couple of hours of lunch or dinner. Ayurvedic practices rest on the belief that food should be allowed sufficient time to digest.[Read: Treatment for Acne Rosacea]
- Ayurveda also relies on the fact that consuming incompatible foods together can further aggravate acne related problems. For example, consuming fish and milk together could be dangerous.
- You need to consume food as per the intention of the body. Ayurvedic sciences have deduced that consuming food against the bodies wished could also lead to visible skin problems like acne and pimples.
Sticking to the above practices is important for effective ayurvedic treatment for acne. Ayurveda is all about strict discipline and healthy practices.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Acne—Herb Based Treatments
Certain herbal formulations which can prove to be effective in ayurvedic treatment for acne marks and the outburst of acne in general, would include:
- Neem is considered excellent for a wide array of skin problem, acne being one of them. Neem concoctions are known to be effective in removing excess oil from the skin. The antiseptic properties of neem are also considered beneficial.
- Strawberries and strawberry leaves are considered ideal for treating skin disorders.
- Burdock root is considered another effective herb with medicinal properties, to treat acne.
- You could choose to drink basil tea once a day for a visible impact on the acne. Basil is also known for its antiseptic properties and is an ideal option for ayurvedic treatment for acne.
- Prepare a solution of half part capsicum, one part leaf of the alfalfa plant, 2 parts of dandelion root, two parts of red clover and one part of Echinacea root. This paste is to be applied on the affected area for sustained relief.[Read: Home Remedies for Acne Marks]
Consider following a comprehensive treatment regime for extended relief from acne and related problems. Allow some time before deciding on the impact of ayurvedic treatment for acne.
- Ayurvedic Treatment for Pimples
- Ayurvedic Cure for Rosacea
- Ayurveda for Skin Problems
- Ayurvedic Remedies for Glowing Skin
- Ayurvedic Tips for Healthy Skin
- Ayurvedic Treatment for Skin
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.