Liquid extracts from various potentially beneficial plants are known as Essential oils. These were first used by ancient Egyptians. Essential oils have an extremely strong smell compared to the plants they come from. The manufacturing process extracts useful compounds from the plants to make effective oils. These compounds include a high level of active ingredients that are beneficial and which provide a strong aroma to these oils.
Essential oils are mostly used in aromatherapy, wherein they are inhaled as well as massage in a few therapeutic methods that are relaxing as well as essential for promoting mental health. There are several ways that the ingredients in essential oils can communicate with your body, it can be inhaled and added to the skin. When ingested, they may enhance your sense of smell or may have medicinal benefits.
Using Essential oils has become a very popular way of promoting a healthy lifestyle in today’s modern world. During this winter season, protect yourself from health issues by using these essential oils handy.
- It is the most popular essential oil, which contains antibacterial, antidepressant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects.
- This oil is particularly useful for removing a stuffy nose, This oil is especially helpful in clearing up a stuffy nose. It makes it ideal for allergies and minor illnesses like the common cold.
View this post on Instagram
Did you know that you can use essential oils to clean with. Beats using harsh chemicals. Just add 15 drops of lavender to a 32oz spray bottle, a half a cup of white vinegar and fill the rest with water. #diy#cleaningsolutions#doityourself#cleaningtips#lavenderoil#essentialoil#vinegar#cleaningremedies#lavenderessentialoil#noharshchemicals#santacruzcounty#localsmallbusiness#cleaninghacks#professionalcleaners#cleansmell#cleanfeel#cleaningservice#santacruz#aptos#capitola#coastcleaningservice You can use different oils, each one has multi purposes. #disinfectant#fragrantplants#killsbacteria#antibacterial#floralscent
- The cold and dry weather in winter can damage your skin and make it dry and flaky.
- The lavender essential oil has moisturizers that help your skin to stay hydrated and healthy.
Oregano essential oil
- Oregano essential oil has very strong immune-boosting, antifungal, antiviral, antiparasitic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
View this post on Instagram
🍃O R E G A N O🍃 . “Oregano repels pathogenic bacteria and parasites in nature, making it a natural antibiotic” You may know Oregano for its fresh or dried counterpart used in Italian cooking, but did you know that Oregano is a natural antibiotic?? This plant is a serious powerhouse when used in oil form. Oregano is one of the most potent and powerful essential oils and has been used for centuries in traditional healthcare practices for its cleansing and immune boosting properties. Due to its high phenol content, Oregano should always be diluted when applied to the skin and never used for more than 10 days consecutively. Oregano acts as an enhancer and equalizer in essential oil blends and can help support respiratory and immune functions when taken internally. There are a lot of people who enjoy using this oil in cooking - personally I find it too strong so it stays in my medicine cupboard for when its time to play hard ball with germs 🦠 Oregano can be used; 🍃daily to maintain healthy immune and respiratory functions 🍃to fight seasonal threats (check out FLOOM post a few back) 🍃to soothe and clear skin blemishes like warts and skin tags 🍃to ward off stubborn coughs and chest infections 🍃to assist in balancing the body’s inflammatory response 🍃to provide the body with essential antioxidants 🍃to aid digestion and assist the body of ridding foreign invaders 🍃to clear fungal infections 🍃to replace dried oregano in your favourite dish (you only need a toothpick swirl!!!) Oregano is what is considered a ‘hot’ oil and should always be diluted when applying to the skin, applying to the soles of the feet first to test for skin sensitivity. . Ready to take the leap to better health and wellness? Get in touch! @oilymom.southafrica or email@example.com Kerry. Xx
- This is the best oil to choose if you wish to choose just one essential oil for this winter.
- It specialises in relieving a sore throat, difficulty sleeping, all the properties mentioned above helps to fight illness and make your immune system strong.
- This oil helps to put an end to fatigue and ease anxiety and depression.
- Peppermint oil helps to stimulate the immune system. Also, it can help in preventing or curing several winter illness diseases.
- If you are suffering from sinus headache, peppermint helps to relieve the sinus pressure and drain out your sinuses to get rid of the stuffiness and pain.
- The lemon essential oil has antibacterial, mood-boosting and antibacterial effects.
- This oil helps to prevent illness and to fight diseases.
View this post on Instagram
I encourage you to use that lemon oil you have this week! 🍋 It’s the last week of January and we need an extra boost to make it to February. Here are a few ways you can use one of my favorite oils. 1. A drop in your morning oatmeal 2. Mix in with your favorite vinegrette to give your salad a pop. 3. One drop to perk your afternoon water. 4. Two drops in your smoothie 5. Mix with your kid’s apple slices to prevent browning and mix with the sugars to create a yummy glaze. 😍⚡️🍋💦 If you don’t have lemon oil but would love some comment below. I’ll send one lucky friend a bottle for free. Join me this week and use your lemon!! #yleo #lemonoil #dailyessentialoiltips #dailyessentialoiluses #lemoneo
- As so many germs crop up in winter, It is also useful when it comes to cleaning your home as it will kill all the germs and bacteria from the surfaces and the smell of lemon has the ability to uplift your mood and reduce stress.
- One more interesting fact about Lemon oil reduces sugar cravings.
The use of essential oils alone or with other remedies will help you in keeping your family healthy by keeping your body hydrated and healthy during the winter season by their amazing natural benefits.
(Inputs By Rishabh Chokhani, Founder, CEO, Naturevibe Botanicals)
Read more on Mind & Body
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.