The one thing that is supremely important for survival after oxygen is water. The human body is made up of 70% water which depicts the significance of drinking water for holistic wellness. We all adore the clear and glowing skin of Japanese but do you know what goes behind their flawless skin and healthy body? It is a morning ritual of drinking multiple glasses of water which they have named as Japanese water therapy.
Immediately after waking up, they gulp down 2-3 glasses of plain room temperature water. Japanese believe that cold water is harmful to health as it causes fat deposition in the body thereby slowing down the digestive process.
What do the Japanese do in water therapy?
Right after waking up and before brushing, Japanese drink water. They consume about four to five glasses of room temperature water on an empty stomach. Keep in mind that this water is of normal temperature or slightly warm. In addition to this, eat your breakfast 45 minutes after drinking. At the same time, it has also been told that in each meal, eat only for 15 minutes and keep a gap of at least 2 hours before eating or drinking anything.
According to doctors, Japanese water therapy can be performed for different periods to treat various conditions. Such as
- Do this for 10 days in constipation.
- Do this for 30 consecutive days in high blood pressure.
- In type 2 diabetes (diabetes type-2), do it continuously for 30 days.
Although drinking more water can help with constipation and blood pressure, there is no evidence that Japanese water therapy can treat or cure type 2 diabetes or cancer. But drinking more water can have some other health benefits.
Probable benefits of Japanese water therapy
Japanese water therapy is not an effective treatment for many of the conditions in which it is claimed to improve, yet drinking more water may have some health benefits.
Weight Loss and BP regulation
Adhering to this therapy protocol can cause weight loss as it may restrict your calorie intake. Using Japanese water therapy involves drinking several glasses of water per day, which helps you stay adequately hydrated. There are many benefits to adequate hydration, including improving brain function, maintaining constant energy levels, regulating body temperature and blood pressure.
Also Read: Salt Therapy For Asthma For Lungs Cleansing
Beneficial in constipation and appendicitis
Besides, drinking more water can help prevent constipation, headaches, and kidney stones. Most people use other drinking fluids to satisfy their thirst. Which cannot completely replace water. Substances like these can contain substances such as salt and sugar, which can be harmful to your health. However, if you are very active, work outdoors and live in hot climates, you may need to drink more.
Reduced calorie intake
Practicing Japanese water therapy can help you lose weight through calorie restriction. First, if you replace sugar-sweetened beverages such as fruit juices or soda with water, your calorie intake automatically decreases. Possibly reducing several hundred calories per day. Additionally, sticking to people who eat only 15 minutes per meal, after which you can not eat again for 2 hours, restricts calorie intake. Lastly, by drinking more water you can feel fuller and eat less overall calories from food.
Dangers of Japanese Hydrotherapy
- Japanese water therapy poses a risk of hyponatremia. Additionally, overly restricting calories while practicing therapy can cause you to gain weight again after you finish exercising.
- Water intoxication or overhydration can occur when you drink more water in less time. It can be caused by hyponatremia or low salt levels in your blood. Those at risk of hyponatremia include kidney problems, endurance athletes, and people who abuse stimulant medications.
- To be safe, one should not drink more than about 4 cups (1 liter) of fluid per hour, as this is the maximum amount a kidney of a healthy person can handle at once. Another negative aspect of Japanese water therapy is that it becomes more restrictive due to its guidelines on eating and eating food for 15 minutes.
Read more on Home Remedies