Trip to the salon is all right when it is to happen a week or two before an event or occasion, but getting a trim almost can put a little pressure on your pocket, especially if you are not earning.
Matter of factly, it is quite easy for someone to cut his/her own hair with a few precautionary steps in mind. Learn these easy touch-up trim ways to cut your own hair without the hassle of visiting a salon.
• Start by gathering a pair of sharp scissors, which you can find in any beauty supply stores. Make sure you don’t just use the scissors that you use for cutting paper as they are extremely dull to cut your hair properly.
• Before cutting your hair, wash it but make sure that you do not dry it. On people with long hair, wetting them will make the ends easier to see compared with when they are dry as they tend to curl up.
• Now, clip up the top portion of your head. Because you have long hair, you will have to make different sections to cut them in a uniform pattern. Start by cutting the bottom-most layer of your hair and then moving upwards.
• Now, try to look for split ends by taking a closer look at the ends of your hair. If the ends look unruly, they are perhaps damaged and would need a cut. Cut at least 6 mm above the damage.
• When you are about to cut your hair, grab a section of the hair between the index and middle finger of the hand that is non-dominant and drag the fingers to the point from where you want to cut.
• Finish by making sure that the ends match in length. If they do not, make sure that you trim the extras.
Start by gathering all the materials you need.
• Whether you are a man or a woman, if you want to have extra short hair, the two things that would help you achieve salon-like results is an electric razor and a pair of scissors. Remember to have the guard that you would like for the razor to help you determine how much of your hair gets cut off. The scissors must be sharp.
• Now wet your hair by either washing your hair or dampening them it using a spray bottle just before you begin with cutting your hair. When the hair is wet, it is easier to cut and clean up post the hair cut.
• If you are a man, a typical hair cut to go for is the traditional one in which hair on top is slighting longer than the hair on either sides as well as back. Start cutting an inch or two above the ear and follow the same line around the back of the head till the other ear. Make sure the razor is moving in a straight line. Finish by trimming the top of the hair by moving the razor over the curve of the head. Make sure all the spots that have hair left are cleaned.
• Use a pair of scissors to blend the hair lengths if you think there has been any discrepancy.
Read more articles on Hair Care.
Though all possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; Onlymyhealth assumes no liability for the same. Using any information of this website is at the viewers’ risk. Please be informed that we are not responsible for advice/tips given by any third party in form of comments on article pages . If you have or suspect having any medical condition, kindly contact your professional health care provider.