When trying to lose weight, some people struggle with their face fat. If you lose weight, it helps when it shows on the face. Gladly, we have face-specific workouts that are effective in removing face fat and toning the facial muscles, said Shruti Sethi, who is a fitness content creator. Yoga can help you immensely for this one. And the good news, you don’t need any equipment, just a Yoga mat and a few minutes at your disposal. So, let us look at some Yoga poses for losing face fat, as recommended by fitness content creator Shruti Sethi.
Yoga Poses For Losing Face Fat
Here are five yoga poses you can practice for a slim and taut face:
1. Simha Mudra (Lion Pose)
Benefits: While practicing Simha Mudra, or lion pose, all you stimulated. It is one the most beneficial poses for neck and thyroid glands, explained Shruti.
- Kneel down and place your palms on your thighs.
- Look down and bring your chin close to your neck.
- Open your mouth and stick your tongue out as much as you can. You should resemble a roaring lion.
- Inhale while making a roaring sound like a lion.
- Repeat for 20-30 seconds.
2. Jivha Bandha (Locked Tongue Pose)
Benefits: This pose chisels your face and tones your jawline.
- Sit in the lotus pose or Padmasana. If this feels uncomfortable, you can sit cross-legged on the floor.
- Place your palms on your legs.
- Next, press the tip of your tongue across the roof of your mouth.
- Gently open your mouth while keeping your tongue touching the roof of the mouth. Open your mouth until you feel a stretch in your throat and neck.
- Repeat a few times.
3. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
Benefits: Cobra pose improves the circulation of blood in your face, inducing radiance. Cobra pose also elongates the neck and lifts the sternum rather than the chin.
- Lie flat on your stomach with palms on your sides.
- Take a deep breath and raise your head and trunk.
- Extend your neck as much as possible until you experience a good stretch in your chin.
- Hold for 30-60 seconds to get rid of the double chin.
- Gently, come out of this pose.
4. Ushtrasana (Camel Pose)
Benefits: A great Yoga pose to get rid of double chin and flatten the belly.
- Kneel on the mat with your knees hips-distance apart.
- Place your hands on your hips.
- Straighten your spine and gently recline backward until your palm touches your feet.
- Hold for a few seconds and come out of the pose gently.
5. Chakrasana (Wheel Pose)
Benefits: This pose chisels your jawline and helps you get rid of the double chin.
- Lie on your back with knees bent and feet hips-width distance apart.
- Place your palms across your shoulder and lift your body up.
- Allow your head to hang heavy.
- Stay in this pose for a few seconds and gently release.
Hence, you can do these Yoga poses to lose face fat. However, remember that it is a slow process. Yoga takes time to show results, but it is “natural, painless, and long-lasting,” Shruti said.
(With inputs from Shruti Sethi, a fitness content creator on Trell)
Photo Credit: Freepik