Cancer is a dangerous disease. Some tumours invade a person's blood cells. This type of cancer is more hazardous as blood keeps circulating throughout our bodies, leading to spread and sudden deaths in various cases quickly. Blood cancer is the cause of death of about 7.5 million people every year. Symptoms of blood cancer usually occur very slowly, so it is difficult to identify in the initial stage. Cases of blood cancer have increased significantly in young people and middle-aged people as well as children in the last few years. People believe that the treatment of blood cancer is not possible. Still, if the symptoms are recognised and diagnosed at the right time, then the treatment of blood cancer is possible and also exist various treatment methods that can help a blood cancer survivor live a healthy life.
How Does Blood Cancer Happen
There are several reasons why blood cancer is common. Leukaemia is the most common form of blood cancer. In leukaemia, cancer cells start interfering with the process of making blood cells in the body. Leukaemia attacks blood as well as bone marrow. Hence in several cases, blood cancer cases can be treated with the help of stem cell treatment. If a person's body resistance is weak, then he/ she may develop blood cancer. There is a possibility of getting blood cancer when suffering from a particular type of infection too. High doses of radiation therapy, which is used to treat any other kind of cancer can also lead to blood cancer. Further, diseases such as HIV and AIDS affect the immune system, which can be a risk of blood cancer.
Some signs of blood cancer:
What Are The Symptoms Of Blood Cancer
In most cases of blood cancer, the patient feels tired and weak. This happens because the number of red blood cells in the blood starts decreasing due to which there is a lack of blood in the person. Abnormal white blood cells accumulate in the liver leading to inflammation and other problems in the stomach. This type of inflammation can also reduce your appetite. Only after eating a little, you may start feeling full. In such a situation, you must contact the doctor. In several cases, patients also start throwing up immediately after eating, which direction should be told to your doctor. In such cases, doctors may prescribe various blood tests to analyse the existence of any such discrepancies in the blood report. Other symptoms include:
- A person who has blood cancer is prone to repeated infections. When leukaemia cells develop in the body, complaints of the disease can be seen in the patient's mouth, throat, skin, lungs etc.
- People who have blood cancer tend to have an abnormally low weight. If the body weight is reduced without any effort, then it can be seen as the primary symptom of cancer.
- Pain in bones and joints can be a symptom of not just arthritis, but also blood cancer. Blood cancer is a disease in the bone marrow that is found in large quantities around the bones and joints—often complaining of a headache. Or a migraine complaint.
- Seizures or repeated confusion of something happening, where the person starts feeling mentally disturbed very easily
- Feeling of vomiting or untimely vomiting.
- Complaints of skin rash everywhere.
- Swelling of the jaws or bleeding
Read more articles on Cancer