Being one of the best sources of calcium, milk is the most popular super food. Milk suffices the requirement of many nutrients of body such as Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12 and so on. But do you know that apart from consumption, direct application of milk can solve many of your skin related problems? From dry skin to tanning, milk can solve many skin problems natural and not just skin problems, milk is fully capable of solving your hair and scalp related issues like dandruff, itchy scalp and so on.
Benefits of milk may include:
- Milk is a natural face cleanser
- It lightens tan and skin tone
- Milk is a great moisturiser
- It exfoliates skin cells
- It helps in soothing sunburn and inflammation
If not drinking, you can surely opt for direct application. Here are some ways you can make milk do wonders for you.
Also read: Surprising health benefits of milk
Milk for hair
Milk and honey hair mask
- If you have dry hair some milk can save the day
- Take a cup of full fat milk
- Add one to two big tablespoons of honey and mix well until the honey is fully dissolved in the milk
- Pour it over your scalp and hair and tie your hair in a bun and let the mask sit for half an hour
- Wash with a mild shampoo
- This mask will make your hair softer, smoother and shinier
Milk and almond oil mask
- If you have a bad case of dandruff, this hair mask can solve it
- Just take one or two cups of milk, slightly warm it and add half cup of almond oil in it
- Mix the oil and milk well and pour it down your scalp and hair
- Again tie your hair in a bun and leave it for half an hour, later wash off with a mild shampoo
Milk for skin
To cleanse the face
- Just take some raw milk and apply it on your face
- Wipe off with a cotton ball after a couple of minutes
- Take some potato juice and mix it in some milk. Keep it in the fridge.
- Now, dab this mixture on the affected areas and leave on for 20-30 minutes
- Wash off with cold water, repeating it daily will lighten the dark patches on your skin
- Take some bananas, mash them and add some raw milk in it
- Apply this face mask and leave it on for half an hour
- Wash your face with cold water
- Repeat this thrice a week to prevent the early signs of ageing
Milk as Moisturiser
- Add half tablespoon of gram flour to raw milk and mix well
- Add a few drops of raw honey and rose water to the mixture and beat well
- Apply on the face and neck for 10 minutes
- Wash using lukewarm water
Read more articles on Grooming.
For more related articles, download OnlymyHealth app.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.