High blood sugar (glucose) increases the risk of eye problems. Take a look at the tips to stay healthy with a diabetic eye.
Diabetes has many complications, one of them is eye problems. High blood sugar (glucose) increases the risk of eye problems. Diabetes can causes the lens of the eye to swell, which changes your ability to see. Regular visits to your ophthalmologist for eye exams are important to prevent and manage these.
What should one do to stay healthy with diabetes?
- Follow the healthy eating plan that you and your doctor or dietitian have worked out.
- Be active a total of 30 minutes most days. Ask your doctor what activities are best for you.
- Take your medicines as directed.
- Check your blood glucose every day. Each time you check your blood glucose, write the number in your record book.
- Check your feet every day for cuts, blisters, sores, swelling, redness, or sore toenails.
- Brush and floss your teeth every day.
- Control your blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Don’t smoke.
Read more articles on Eye Problems and Diabetes
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.