What are the benefits of exercising in diabetes?
- Exercise helps one to manage blood sugar levels properly.
- Regularly exercising helps the body to utilise blood sugar properly.
- It provides relaxation and resultant reduction in hypertension.
Exercise plays a vital role in treating diabetes and reducing the ill-effects that it causes.
Exercise is beneficial to the diabetic in various ways:
- A regular exercise regime helps to utilise the excess sugar in the body thereby lowering the blood sugar level.
- Further, it helps to burn the excess fat in the body that otherwise leads to obesity, one of the major causes of diabetes.
- Exercise regime helps to strengthen the cardiovascular aspect of the body by reducing the blood pressure and increase the amount of good cholesterol in the body.
- Thus, it provides relaxation and resultant reduction in hypertension.
Here, it is significant to note that the exercise can only be effective if the patient is well directed about the kind of exercise that he should do, as per varying health condition of everybody and further, follows a proper diet and takes the prescribed medicines regularly.
Read more articles on Exercise and Fitness
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Sep 14, 2017
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.