Weight Loss Secrets for Men
Nowadays men are also very keen towards weight loss to gain a perfect fit body. There are few weight loss secrets which men can follow to get rid off that extra fat.
- Cut out your sedentary lifestyle, and be active.
- Do moderate to intense exercise on a daily basis.
- Never skip your breakfast, this is the most important meal.
- Maintain a low calorie diet and keep a calorie count.
The modern world is full of people who are worried about their declining health and increasing fat. Men should try to lose that extra weight by following these simple tips.
By following the sedentary lifestyle, most men of today tend to gain a lot of weight. The main reason is accumulation of fat and the absence of a source to cut down these calories. Thus, following are some weight loss secrets that may come handy even in the ever so busy lifestyle.
Practice to Stay Active all the Time
It has been observed that those men and women who have a high level of physical activity manage to keep their weight normal. These activities need not be of any special kind. They may be as simple as taking a brisk walk in the neighbourhood park, walking your dog, cycling, weight lifting, or even aerobics.
If you are crunched for time, some type of a high intensity activity can prove helpful to burn calories faster. Such vigorous physical activities may include:
- Cycling should preferably be at a speed more than 10 miles per hour. One may start off at a slower pace in the initial days, gradually picking up speed and then maintaining a good pace in it.
- Opt for freestyle laps in swimming.
- Aerobics are also one of the most effective ways to lose weight. While they are fast and therefore less passive, they are also fun at the same time.
- Doing some heavy yard work such as chopping wood.
- Weight lifting but this involves some very vigorous efforts.
- Running/jogging at an even pace of 5 miles per hour on an average.
- Walking very fast, say at 4 1/2 miles per hour, though this may vary from person to person.
- Basketball that is competitive and therefore more active.
Never Skip you Breakfast
One must always keep this point in mind. A typical breakfast such as cereal and fruit can increase the body’s metabolism, helping you burn more calories during the day. It also helps avoid overeating later in the day.
Opt for a Low Calorie Diet
You are what you eat. One of the secrets of keeping a low weight profile entails eating a low calorie diet. Most of the successful weight loss programs are reported to include least amount of fat in their diet plans.
While taking into account green leafy vegetables, fresh fruits and a balanced diet, cut down on eating fast food, aerated drinks, and all the unhealthy snacking habits.
Maintain a Consistent Eating Pattern
Binge eating on a frequent basis is not at all a healthy option. Take out time to plan your diet and subsequently stick to it. People who are consistent with their diet are more likely to keep all that excess weight off.
Hit the Scales
Researchers have proven that people who frequently check their weight have the advantage to catch even a small weight gain and thus, remind themselves to take steps to correct them.
Catch the Slips lest they take the form of a Bigger Problem
Take very good care not to add a lot of weight all of a sudden. Those people who are able to prevent an extra pound or two from adding up are more likely to maintain their weight loss successfully over the long term.
Men can lose weight easily if they have a systematic approach to their weight loss. There is nothing that you cannot acheive if you know what to do and when to do.
Read more articles on Weight Loss Tips.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Feb 27, 2012
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.