Find out in what ways these healthy carbohydrates can help you cut your excessive fat
We always try to look fit inside out and this is not possible until we take in proper diet. It is assumed that a healthy body can only be maintained when we forget about carbohydrates and fats, which is not true. Carbohydrates are essential nutrients which provide energy to the body. Carbohydrates break down sugar, fibre and starch into glucose which provides energy to the body.
Why Are Carbs Important?
According to expert nutritionist Ms. Shilpa Singh, Cloudnine group of hospitals, Vashi, an average person should take 50-60% of carbohydrates in his/her diet. Carbohydrates are a great source of energy and fibres which are nothing but the complex carbohydrates that help in decreasing blood sugar levels and relieving constipation. There are 2 major categories of carbohydrates- Simple and Complex. Right amount of complex carbohydrates can reduce your fat to a good extent.
Simple and Complex Carbohydrates
Basic difference is of the chemical structure and how quickly your body digests and absorbs it. Simple carbohydrates provide quick spike in person's blood sugar levels. Complex carbs cause fewer spikes in blood sugar levels. The refined simple carbohydrates like maida and its other products are likely to take more time for digestion. Simple carbs can also increase the risk of diabetes, heart diseases, constipation and high cholesterol level.
- Examples of Simple Carbohydrates- Fruit juices, sugar, jaggery, honey etc.
- Examples of Complex Carbohydrates- Whole fruits, oats, wheat, nut seeds, whole vegetables etc.
- 1gm of Carbohydrates = 4 Calories.
Can Right Carbs Reduce Your Fat?
Yes, it is true that if you have right amount of healthy carbs in your diet, it can help reduce your body fat drastically. You should take complex carbohydrates instead of simple carbs to reduce fat. Complex carbs have a slow breaking down process which stimulates energy needed by the body.
- Fibre rich carbs can reduce bloating around the abdominal region as compared to those who take low-fat diet. It improves your digestive system and reduce the belly size.
- Good Carbs help reduce visceral fat which we also say side fat commonly. It is very dangerous for the body and these fats can lead to chronic diseases. By taking healthy carb diet and regular exercise, you can decrease the visceral fat stored around your stomach.
Tips For Loosing Fat By Having Right Carbs
Take in 50-60% of good carbs or healthy carbs in your diet. Do not overdo it but they are necessary for providing energy to the body.
- Do not take more than 20-25% calories of fat from your total calories intake recommended.
- Overconsumption of carbohydrates and proteins also convert into fat. So be careful of the quantity you are taking.
- It is also important to stay stress-free and indulge in healthy activities if you wish to lose fat in quicker manner.
- You can have green tea 2 times a day, it improves your metabolism and helps reduce fat from the body. However it does not mean that taking green tea along with fats will still help you, it won’t.
- Calorie intake also depends from person to person, so consult a nutritionist before starting any diet plan.
- Proteins should be limited to 10-15% of the daily intake of total calories recommended to you.
- Going to gym does not mean you are losing fat, be prepared to work hard and eat healthy which together can help you reduce fat and weight.
- Pre-workout meals can fuel you with instant energy. Best way is to have a protein rich snack as it helps in muscle building. You can also have fruits before the workout which are healthy carbohydrates.
According to nutritionist it is important to take healthy diet more than anything if you wish to reduce your fat. Carbs are important for the body and should not be neglected in the diet plan. Having complex carbohydrates instead of simple ones is the key. Do not take too much stress and tension, sleeping at odd times can also hamper fat loss journey.
With inputs from Nutritionist Ms. Shilpa Singh, Cloudnine Group Of Hospitals, Vashi
Read more articles on Healthy Diet
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.