Try juice fasting this Navratri
Juice fast aids the natural cleansing process of body. It helps to detoxify your body and have various other health benefits.
- Juice helps in the detoxification.
- It is rich in antioxidants.
- Talk to your doctor if you are on medication.
This navratri do juice fast as a natural cleansing process for your body. This will flush off the accumulated toxins while giving you natural vitamins and nutrients. Alternate health experts are of view that juice fasting is an effective way to detoxify body and is one of the best natural healing therapies.
Also read: 7 Day Detox Diet
Juice fast restricts dietary intake to vegetable and fruit juices. It is done by people in different manner. People on juice fast often combine it with food supplements, raw vegetables and other food supplies. Since fruit juices are easily digestible they spike serum glucose at quicker pace in comparison to fruits and vegetables when eaten on whole. As a result fewer calories are used to digest food. People choose to juice fast as it is a good source of antioxidants and vitamins.
Benefits of juice fasting in Navratri
Navratri is the best time to juice fast and ‘detoxify’ your body. There are various benefits of juice fasting, you can select your reason to juice fast this navratri:
- To wean oneself from unhealthy habits such as overeating, smoking or caffeine addiction.
- Juice fasting can also be done as an alternate to conventional medical treatment. People with depression, pain and arthritis can be benefited from juice fasting. In presence of any medical condition it is however, important to talk to your doctor before going on fast.
- It helps to strengthen immune system, deal with health ailments and infections related to antibiotics and autoimmune system.
Also read: Health Benefits of Fasting
How to do juice fast
- The very first step towards juice fasting is to consult your family physician, especially if you are on certain medication. If you are diabetic or underweight then juice fasting is not for you.
- Since this fast is meant to detoxify, don’t take solid foods while juice fasting.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol and caffeine while juice fasting.
- Combination of fruit and vegetable juice must be consumed.
- Vegetable juice convocations must be the major component of diet during juice fasting. Vegetables such as carrot give you essential vitamins as well as taste.
- Make sure to consume juice immediately after preparing.
Types of Juices that can be taken while juice fasting in navratri
- Fruit juices: Juice of lemon, citrus, apple, pear, watermelon, pineapple and papaya
- Vegetable juices: Spinach, celery, cabbage, carrot, radish and beet green juices can be taken during juice fast. Wheatgrass is not allowed during navratri fasting so avoid it while juice fasting.
Image Source : Getty
Read more articles on Festival Fever
For more such stories, Download Onlymyhealth app
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Mar 27, 2017
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.