- Eye Makeup Products
- Common Eye Makeup
- Makeup Tips
- Eye Makeup Mistakes
- Eye Makeup Cleaning
No makeup look is complete without eye makeup. Whether going for a no-makeup look or seeking to add a dash of glitz and glamour, your eye makeup can make or break it. In summers, you can keep it plain and simple, while in winters you can go for something dark. Similarly, during the day, you can go for a ‘no-makeup’ make-up look, while in the night, while going out, you can glam it up by going for something bold. If you are totally new to this, don’t worry, it’s an easy thing to learn.
Products Needed For Eye Makeup
An eye makeup that is on point can up even your most basic outfit and make you look fabulously attractive. A misconception about makeup is that you need to have a wide range of products that burn a hole in your pocket, to accomplish your desired look. But what you need are some basic products, as per your need and price range and you can get any look you want. Here are some of the products you might need:
Kajal: This should probably be the first product that needs to be on your list of makeup products. Even if you don’t apply any other product, a single stroke of kajal can liven up your look. You can choose any one that suits your price range, but make sure it is smudge-free.
Eyeliner: This is another must-have product for that perfect look you are looking for. Although there are several colours available, go for black eyeliner as it goes with everything. If you are a beginner, it will be difficult for you to get the stroke right. But with practice and patience, you can easily ace it. Although you can use a kajal instead of an eyeliner, it will not give you that clean look you want.
Mascara: This is one such product that can brighten up your eyes, whether you are going for a simple look or a glamorous one. Just one or two coatings of it can enlarge your eyes and make them gorgeous. Also, it is easy to apply. If you are a newbie and are finding it difficult to get a hang of kajal or eyeliner, mascara is easily your go-to.
Eyeshadow: For those who do not like to do makeup or who do not get the time, an eyeshadow palette can seem like an unnecessary burden. But it is good to have one, especially in neutral colours. Using it, not only you can create stunning looks when going out, you can use it to create a more refined one for work.
Common Eye Makeup Looks
Just like there are several makeup products to choose from, there are numerous eye makeup looks you can go for. It all depends on your mood, what look you are looking for and the occasion. Here are five eye makeup looks you can choose from:
Natural Eyes: The aim of this is to look as if you are wearing no makeup at all. For this, apply eyeliner and mascara to get a clean look. Also, choose neutral eyeshadow colours similar to your skin tone.
Cat Eye: This one is difficult to ace. The aim of the cat eye is to make your eyes elongated, dark, and protruding upwards. You can get this look, if you are good with the eyeliner and kajal, with those struggling with it, it can be a bit challenging. You can also use different eyeshadow colours to glam up or down your look.
Shimmery Eyes: When going to a party, if you want to look like a fashion goddess, this is the look you can go with. And it is far easier than it looks. What you need is just a shimmer eyeshadow and wollah you get yourself that look that will help you shimmer through the party.
Smoky eyes: This is probably the most popular look and the most difficult to get righty too. You need to really good with your stroke and should have an idea about what colours you use. A tip: Use eyeshadow colours that go with your skin tone and blend easily.
Eye Makeup Tips For Beginners
If you are new to this game, here are some makeup tips that might help:
- Firstly, determine the shape of your eyes. This will help you to choose what look will look good on you.
- Applying eyeliner can be tricky at first. Here is a hack: create dots with it and then connect them with a single stroke.
- You can make your eyes look smaller or larger with the colour of your eyeliner. A white one will make your eyes look larger, while the black one will make them look smaller.
- Always apply two coats of mascara, but before applying the second coating, make sure that the first one has dried up.
Step-By-Step Guide On How To Do Eye Makeup
Now that you prepped for applying eye makeup, here is a simple step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- First start with applying a primer, which will hide the creases and blemishes around the eyes.
- Next comes the eye shadow. No matter what look you are going for, the first eyeshadow colour should be a neutral one, preferably similar to your skin tone.
- Next, add a splash of colours above your eyes. You can choose eye shadow colours as per the look you are going for.
- Then comes the eyeliner, kajal, and mascare. Apply them and you are ready to get going.
Tips To Have Your Eye Makeup Last Longer
- Always use a primer before applying your makeup. It hides those creases and the other products can be applied evenly on it.
- Use waterproof eyeliner
- Use smudge-free kajal
- Nothing can ruin your makeup than oil. So, carry a blotting paper with you and blot that oil to make your makeup last longer.
Eye Makeup Mistakes
For a beginner, handling the eyeliner brush, understanding the eyeshadow tones, and perfectly applying the products can be challenging. But do not fret, you’ll get these right with practise. What you should ensure though is that you don’t make some rookie mistakes. Here are some common eye makeup mistakes you should try to avoid:
Know The Shape Of Your Eyes: You go through a makeup tutorial, learn a new look that looked great on that Instagram influencer, you try it on yourself and it looked lousy at hell. A simple reason might be that the shape of your eyes might be different than hers because of which that look didn’t work for you that looked great on her.
Wrong Brush: Nothing can make your look go wrong than a poor eye shadow brush you bought because it was cheap. If an amazing look is what you are going for, then invest in a good brush.
Applying Too Much At Once: This is a common mistake that many make at first. Do not take a lot of that eye shadow at once as it will make it difficult to blend. The same thing goes for other products. Take a step-by-step approach by taking a little amount of them, apply them gently and get a cleaner look.
Blend Enough: No matter what look you go for, if you don’t blend your eyeshadow enough, you’ll be left with a messy look. And you don’t want that, right? No matter how many colours of eyeshadow you chose, just blend them enough.
How To Clean Eye Makeup?
Now that we know almost everything about eye makeup, it is essential to know how to clean it, as your eyes are extremely sensitive and you would not want those products to mess with them. Here is how you can clean your eye makeup:
- Use coconut oil to remove the eyeliner, kajal, mascara and eyeshadow. Not only will it work as a makeup remover, it will also moisturise and nourish your skin.
- You can also use tear-free baby shampoo to remove the makeup. But remember, eyes are extremely sensitive and you should be careful with them.
- After removing the makeup, moisture with a good moisturiser.
Beginning with makeup can feel overwhelming and challenging but you can absolutely ace it with practice. In a conservative country like India, there can be a debate on makeup itself, on how much of it you should apply. Just remember, applying makeup is centuries old, with the look of the Egyptian queen Cleopatra, who ruled before the birth of christ, popular till date. It is a great tool to make you look attractive, fierce, confident, lively, or whatever you are looking for. What you need is just the right tools, tips and tricks and you are good to go.