Now you can treat the swine flu and protect yourself and your family using natural home remedies. Read out some of the swine flu treatment at home which can help you to prevent with H1N1 infection.
Consult your doctor immediately if you or any of your family member has flu like illness. Your doctor may prescribe just treatment for fever, cough and other symptomatic treatments or antiviral drugs as required.
Treatment of fever helps to make a person feel better and rested.
- Fever can be treated without medicines incase you do not have any stock. Apply a cool, damp cloth on forehead, arms and legs. You can even wash their arms and body, or give a bath with normal tap water.
- Medicines for fever: Simple fever relieving medications such as "acetaminophen" or "ibuprofen" can be used without being prescribed by a doctor. The medications take about 30 to 45 minutes to bring down fever. In some patients the temperature (fever) may not come down to normal temperature.
Treatment of Cough: Flu infection mostly causes dry cough which can cause a sore feeling in your airways, throat, or chest. Treatment of dry cough can relieve this sore feeling and help you get rest.
- Cough remedy: A cough remedy may help to decrease cough. Some of the over-the-counter treatments can be given to children as well but it is advisable to contact your pediatrician before you start any treatment.
- Humidifier: A humidifier puts tiny drops of water (moisture) into the air. The added moisture can make breathing easier for the sick person
- Cough drop or lozenges: Cough drop or lozenges in adults can help to soothe their throat and lessen the urge to cough.
Read more articles on Swine Flu Treatment
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.